"Mother..."

"I'm fine, dear," Queen Eva told her.

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT - MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Mary Margaret looked in the mirror and reminisced while David cooked breakfast behind her.

"What are you doing?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I'm making breakfast," David replied.

"Why?"

"I'm hungry."

"You think I don't know what you're doing? We talked about this. We had a deal."

"I know. I know. But, with the curse broken, I thought maybe you would change your mind."

"Well, I didn't. What's this?" She gestured to the table where there was a wrapped gift with a card attached.

"Birthday present."

"I told you..."

"It's not from me!"

"No one else knows."

"Apparently, someone does, and they also think you should celebrate. It was left outside the door this morning.."

Initially ignoring the card, she opened the gift.

"What is it?" David wondered as Mary Margaret lifted the tiara from the box and began tearing up. "I thought that was lost when the curse hit."

"So did I," Mary Margaret said, spotting the card and opened the envelope, handing the tiara to David. Inside was a card that said 'Thinking of you today -Johanna'. "Johanna."

"I didn't know she was in Storybrooke."

"Neither did I."

"After the curse, you were gone for awhile. We're all still finding each other. It hasn't been easy."

"I have to go." She took the tiara back from David and went to grab her coat.

"Okay. Hey... Happy Birthday." He kissed her.

"Thank you for understanding. You should go. It's getting late. You have to go to work."

"I know. I just... I just wish this day made you happier."

"I know. But we both know it can't." She left.

SHERIFF'S STATION

David arrived for work. As he hung up his coat, he was briefly distracted by a noise. While his attention was elsewhere, Hook ambushed David and hit him in the head with a crowbar, knocking him unconscious.

Hook took David's keys and said, "Apologies, mate, but I think you have something of mine."

Hook unlocked the drawer of the desk and found his hook inside. He unscrewed the fake hand he'd been using as a substitute and replaced it with his hook. He left.

JOHANNA'S BACKYARD

Johanna was planting a small flower garden.

Mary Margaret approached her. "Johanna?"

"Snow..." Johanna began.

"It's 'Mary Margaret', here."

"No. You will always be my dear Snow." The two embraced.

"I never thought I'd see you again. Or this." She pulled the tiara from her bag and held it up.

"Oh. I came across it in Mr. Gold's shop, and I knew how much it meant to you. I knew you had to have it."