N

After that day, I would spend my time in my room reading a book or cleaning as Shinsuke would visit me whenever he is free.

Literally any given time.

"I'm kidnapping you today." His voice comes from the window and I turn to him with a threatening smile.

"Then Mr.kidnapper, why don't you try?" I ask him politely.

He chuckles and walks towards me. Towering me with his not-so-lean figure.

"You don't even last in bed with me and you expect yourself to last long in an actual fight?" He says and I look at him in disbelief. Trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Alright, whatever," I say and immediately I'm in his arms.

"Shall I really kidnap you or walk out of the main door from here?" He asks and I glare at him.

"At this point, I believe the whole world knows I'm your woman and no one can stop you unless they wanna get killed." I playfully say and shrug.

"Then let's walk through the whole Edo." He says absurdly and I look at him with disbelief.

"Are you crazy?! No way! Just kidnap me and let's go!" I say and in a moment we are outside the store.

"Sure, you don't wanna say anyone goodbye? Because I'm gonna keep you only to myself." He threatens me and I chuckle.

"I already kept letters ready. Knowing you, I know you will randomly kidnap me." I say and he puts me down softly.

"My woman is so smart." He playfully says and walks away and I stand there while giving a WTF pose and he glances at me with a chuckle.

"Don't give me that look. I won't let you see the daylight either." He playfully threatens and I sigh.

'To think that I'd fall in love with a rebel who is a lost cause.'

I think and quickly follow him.

-

I notice Hijikata and Sogo in a dumpling shop and quickly run to them.

"It's been a while." I say while bending myself at their level sideways and waving at them.

"(Y/n)-san!" They both say in sync and I chuckle at their reaction.

"I just came to say farewell." I simply say and Hijikata almost drops his cigarette.

"Did the Bakufu buy you? Are you really going to give yourself to the officials?" Hijikata asks in one breath and I quickly shake my head.

"No, my man doesn't like the Bakufu. So we are going somewhere far away." I simply say and they both buffer for a while and then nod.

"I won't be seeing you anymore huh?" Hijikata gloomily says with a pout and I chuckle.

"Whenever I come, I'll definitely see you." I say and with a final wave, I bid them farewell.

"You seem like a neutral zone for everyone." Shinsuke appears near me as soon as I walk out of the two police officers' sight.

"I have never served an amanto except Kamui," I say, referring to his latest meeting where only I was allowed to serve them. He nods and we continue walking.

"You have limited customers right? Who all were they?" He curiously asks and I think for a while.

"Hijikata-san, Gintoki-san, Kira, Kyoshiro-san, Zenzou-san, Katsura-san, Shirino-san." I count on my fingers and he seems kind of shaken by some names.