H

Another day with thick smoke drowning among the crowd of the fake laughs of the men and women sharing a toast.

"What has you so dazed?" A familiar voice of the demon vice-commander of the Shinsengumi snaps me out of my trance as I turn to him with a smile.

"Just how this room feels suffocating. Shall we move to somewhere private?" I smoothly ask and he smirks.

"You and your sly talks." He exhales the smoke he just inhaled.

"I'm just being honest. It becomes suffocating once you get used to the thick smoke in our place." I hide my face with the cuff of my kimono and Hijikata chuckles.

"(Y/n), I don't like those private rooms either. They reek of disgust." Hijikata waves his hand and takes a sip of his strong alcohol.

"Hijikata-san, The private room I talk about is only for me and my guests." I pinch his cheek playfully and he grabs my wrist.

"You have a room for yourself? Since when?" He asks with a hint of growling and grumpiness.

"I hit on customers I know are worthy. And that's why I obtain the most profit while not being so popular." I trail my finger down his jawline.

"Who are these worthy customers?" Hijikata curiously asks and I quickly keep my finger on my lips.

He gets the sign and sighs while I chuckle.

"I got it just recently. A week or two I believe." I say and lazily lay my head on his shoulder. He doesn't seem to mind as it's my habit.

"I'll be leaving then, I won't be here for a while." He says and gets up.

"Too bad. I have to catch another good fish till then." I playfully say and pout while staring at the empty glass in front of me.

"None of my business. Don't give me that look, it doesn't help." Hijikata says and lightly taps my cheek.

"Thank you for visiting us!" I say and kiss his cheek.

He scratches his neck and walks away in embarrassment.

"You've been leeching his money ever since his lover died. A parasite like you deserves a cheater like him." A very annoying voice echoes and I turn to see our popular girl of the house.

"Mind your own business if you are low on profit. Not stick nose into the good employee's work." I sigh and walk past her when she grabs my shoulder and turns me around harshly.

'Wow... A clichè right in the middle of work. Great. Perks of being a Y/n.'

"You leech! You should already resign with all the profit you are hogging." She says and I chuckle.

"Maybe if you did a good job at customer service and not just opened your legs for anybody to give you AIDS then maybe I can stop hogging all my profit." That gives her the finishing blow and I walk off.

"Damn, that was cool." Someone lightly hits my shoulder and I turn to see one of my colleagues.

"That's what she deserves for calling me a leech and Hijikata-san a cheater," I say with a sigh as I grab a shawl and walk outside for fresh air.

"Is it true that he started coming after his lover died?" She asks and I shake my head while chuckling.

"I've known him longer than that. I've known his love, his enemy, his juniors, and the man he respects so much." I say with a wry smile and she pats my back.

"That's deep. He must be a really good person." She says and I nod.

"Honestly, the people who I usually choose, are the types who don't desire a woman but someone who understands them." I blow on my hands as it starts getting cold.