Part 1 - Prologue

'I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have—power.' 

Matthew Boulton,   (James Watt's business partner).

My problems started because I haven't been born yet and before I will be born, my grandfather, an expert in enhancing intelligence, will modify my DNA. This will not improve my intelligence much, but it will give me the unusual ability to control gravity.

Unfortunately, after I was born, some time in the future, Murga found out and my mother send me, with my father, back in time to the present.  

 She hoped this would prevent Murga from kidnapping me and extracting the secret of my genetic code.

I was a baby at the time and my father never told me about my beginnings. So I grew up in Toronto believing I was a normal kid until Murga tracked me down with the help of an archivist named Kozak. Murga first kidnapped my father and my step-mother, while they were in China, leaving me stuck with my grumpy step-grandmother, before he attempted to kidnap me.

 Fortunately, Time Agent Onderdonk and his assistant undercover goose, Duncan MacPhun were trying to arrest Murga for illegal time travelling and they rescued me.

Meanwhile Grandma had enrolled me in a private school in Ottawa where I met Licia and Miguel and discovered that by a suspicious co-incidence two of our teachers had secretly built a time machine with the help of their intelligent computer, Oppy. 

 Meanwhile, Murga was still attempting to abduct me which resulted in Licia, Miguel, me and Denny, one of our teachers, being trans-phased to the Titanic just before it sank. (Book 1).

We survived this experience and tracked Murga to the Tian mountains in China in an unsuccessful attempt to rescue my parents. (Book 2).

Back at Silverwood School we encountered American detectives who accused me of hacking into U.S. government computers although we suspected that the culprits were Yonnie and Treeka, two hackers who believed that I was their father (Book 3).

 After we had frustrated the detectives, Murga hacked the Time Agency computer system and once again Denny, Licia, Miguel and were translated to another time phase; Plymouth, Britain, in 1778 current era.

Unfortunately, Britain was at war with France and we were pressed into the Royal Navy aboard His Majesty's Ship Curious, a 20 gun sailing frigate (Book 4). 

(In 1775, Britain's 13 American colonies rebelled in the War of Independence and finally succeeded in 1783 after the French and Spanish entry into the war 1778 and 1779.)

When the Curious ran aground we abandoned ship and became deserters from the navy which meant we were on the run. And the Navy hung deserters by the neck from the yard arm. 

Author's note. You can find more information on steam engines in the engineering series at

 http://www.wattpad.com/user/duncmacphun