18

Ten years have gone by. Today was another gift ceremony. It was the one from the youngest child from Pepa and Felíx, Antonio.
He was such a sweetheart. He lived in the same room as Mirabel. I got inside the house to help them prepare everything. When we were finished it was almost time to begin. Everyone searched for Antonio. I knew he was in his room. So did Mirabel.

We walked into the room. I sat down at Antonio's bed and Mirabel sat on hers. She got a gift for him. He took it. Mirabel got under the bed. I just laid down on the ground so I could see them.

We talked to him and walked downstairs. Pepa, Felíx. Dolores and Camilo waited for him. I stood next to Mirabel. I knew it was hard for her. Antonio had to go upstairs. He reached out his hand to Mirabel.
"I can't.", she whispered.
"I need you.", Antonio said. I looked at Mirabel and nodded. She walked to him and brought him upstairs. I still stood there and watched everything. When the door opened everyone walked in. So did I. Mirabel just stood there while her family made a picture. How could they? Mirabel is still part of the family. Have they forgotten that? I was so angry.

I got to Mirabel and gave her a hug from behind.
"Is everything okay?", I asked.
"Mhm.", she said with a fake smile. I gave her my 'I know your lying but it's okay' look.  We walked outside because it was too much for her. Something from the casita fell down and the house started to have cracks. Just like in Bruno's vision. The candle almost went out. Mirabel cut herself.
"We have to tell your abuela.", I said and ran upstairs with her.
"The house is in danger!", Mirabel screamed. The music stopped and everyone looked at her. She told everyone what happend.
"Show me.", Alma said.

We walked outside and nothing was there anymore. Everyone thought she was lying.
"That's enough.", Alma said and turned to the guests and the music started to play again. Everyone walked into Antonio's room again. Julieta came downstairs to cook something for Mirabel's hand.

We told her everything.
"My brother Bruno lost his way to the family. I just don't want the same for you.", she said to Mirabel. That broke my heart. How could she talk about Bruno like that?

The party slowly ended and everyone had to go home. I went home and fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of Mirabel's voice.
"Y/N. I have to save the miracle. I asked Louisa how I could do that and she told me I should find the last vision tío Bruno had in his room but I don't know where it could be so I wanted to ask you if you come with me.", she said.
"Okay, I come with you.", I said and stood up.

We sneacked into Bruno's room.
"Wow it's very small.", Mirabel said. I laughed.
"Casita, could you turn off the sand?", she asked.
"Casita can't do anything in here. We have to walk through the sand.", I said and walked through it. Mirabel followed me but fell. I laughed.
"Are you okay?", I asked.
"Yes.", she said and stood up. She looked at the stairs.
"Do we have to go up there?", she asked.
"Yes, but we can make breaks if you want to. This isn't the first time I have to walk up there and believe me when I tell you it's the worst.", I said. And a bird landed next to Mirabel while I started walking upstairs.
"Lot of stairs. Well atleast I have a friend.", she said and the bird flew away. I laughed. She walked upstairs and sang the 'welcome to the family madrigal' song.

When she was at the half I was at the top waiting for her.
"Bruno. YOUR ROOM IS THE WORST!!!", she screamed. I smiled. When she finally was on top we discovered that the bridge between the stairs and the cave was gone.
"I guess we have to jump.", I said.
"Jump?!?!? No that is way to high.", Mirabel said.
"Okay.", I said and jumped. I was on the otherside.
"Are you coming or what?", I said. She took out a rope. She swung next to me. She stepped on the ground and it fell off.

We walked into the cave.
"This is spooky.", Mirabel said. A view rats were coming out of a vase. They came to me.
"Hello guys, how are you doing?", I asked.
"You are crazy.", Mirabel said and laughed.
"Well then I'm just like your tío.", I said and smiled. We walked into the cave were we did the vision of my future for the secound time. I could see the alley where we hid from his sisters and laughed.
"What?", Mirabel asked.
"Nothing, just some memories.", I said.

The door closed and we could see the pieces of the vision. Mirabel combined two of them. Then three. The cave started to fall down.
"We have to get out of here. Take the vision and run!!!", I said. We took the vision and tried to break out. We did and almost fell down of the top of the stairs.
"We have to go back.", I said.

We got out of his room and walked straight into Alma.
"What are you doing here in such a rush?", she asked. We talked to her when Louisa came. She told her that her powers fade and that Mirabel talked to her. But the guzman's were on their way so we ran into Mirabels room.