| In the Wonderland |

Chapter XX

Chapter XX

| In the Wonderland |

Jane opened her eyes just to close them almost immediately to the blinding light.

She wobbled slightly on her feet as she brought her hands to her face to rub her sore eyes.

However, it wasn't long before she paused as she realized she was holding something between her fingers.

She reopened her clearly puzzled eyes before turning and turning the color palettes she was holding in utter confusion."What-"

She immediately cast a confused look around before bringing her hand to her scalp as she felt a sudden pain along her head.

The image of an angular-faced brunet flashed behind her eyes. He had a serious expression on his face as he held out his hand in expectation.

No, it was not a image.

Jane had taken his hand before-well... landing here?

What was this place anyway?

She lowered her arms to her sides as she spun on her heels hoping to clearly define where she was.

Strangely enough, she was in an empty room with the sunny yellow wallpaper. A child's room. Or at least that was the type of room she would personally choose for her children.

Did she want children?

Strangely, Jane didn't really know anymore.

However, it wasn't long before she let out a sudden gasp of pain at the sensation of movement coming from inside her very abdomen.

Jane doubled over in pain before bringing her hands to her stomach just to jump at the sensation of the lump literally in it.

She looked down in amazement at her plump stomach with her hands hovering just above.

Her eyes widened as a short breath caught in the crook of her throat.

She shook her head as she tried to figure out what was going on.

How could she ever wake up and find out that she was... pregnant?

Unfortunately, it looked like she was not at the end of her surprises as a childish voice promptly called out to her.

Jane frowned further as she swiveled on her heels just to see a little boy in swim shorts and armband rush towards her.

And that wasn't even the weirdest part because it wasn't long before he hailed."Mommy! Save me!"

"Mommy?"She exclaimed in bewilderment before immediately looking up at a growl meant to represent a beast approaching the room she was in.

She froze in place as the child hugged her legs before feeling her breath catch in her throat as the man from earlier suddenly appeared through the entrance to the bedroom.