| It's sound very S&M|

Chapter XII

Chapter XII. 

| It's sound very S&M|

"Now you've really gotta be kidding me."

The masked kid retracted his hand at Dick's lack of reaction before quickly turning to Jane with a confident nod."Hey, what's up, beautiful?"

"What's up? Beautiful?"Jane repeated in disbelief as she helped herself to the wall to stand up before taking in the view in front of her in dismay.

All these bodies on the ground and the smoke slowly dissipating.

She couldn't pretend nothing had happened anymore.

They were no longer signs the universe was sending her, but rather beacons. She had to get out of this situation. And quick.

First it was Rachel's attacks.Then those of this crazy family and now elite squads.

She wasn't cut out for that sort of thing.She was a therapist for heaven's sake.

She shook her head at the mere thought before waving her hands in utter abandon this time."Okay, I quit.All of this...I'm done."

With that,she stepped over the lifeless body of a masked man under the kid's puzzled eyes before ignoring Dick's calls as she continued on her way up the steps.

🖤🌹🖤🌹🖤🌹🖤🌹

Okay, maybe leaving wasn't the most logical thing to do. After all,Chicago was really new to her.

Jane had never set foot in this city before. Not to mention that she was still pissed off by her guilt.

Rachel was going to be devastated when she learned of her departure.

Honestly, Jane didn't even prefer to know what kind of aftereffect her leaving was going to leave on the poor kid already disturbed enough like that.

However,she also had to think about herself.It was her life that was at stake.

She couldn't go on like this anymore.

Hell, she had almost taken a bullet between her eyes earlier.

She couldn't lead that kind of life. Right

Honestly,Jane didn't quite know where she was anymore. She had barely left the misfit group when she already wanted to hear from Rachel.

It was the first time she had cared so much for someone.That was exactly what scared her.

From a young age, she had convinced herself that relying on someone would only get her into greater trouble.

In a way, she was right.

Caring for someone implies a certain dependence on the other.

She had to make an effort and listen to the other.