|New Robin ? My Ass!|

Chapter XI

Chapter XI.

|New Robin ? My Ass!|

Somewhere in the Midwest

Thirty minutes.

Thirty long minutes spent pretending to be asleep in Jane's case.

She just couldn't handle the fact that she had to find herself in such a small space with Dickhead.

She wanted nothing more than to yell at him. Honestly, it had been so long since she had been mad at someone. She wasn't even sure how to proceed.

Unfortunately, she doubted there was a better way to deal with her anger. It was such a strange thought to her. Usually she didn't have to worry about others. Anger and disappointment only came with confidence. And she absolutely trusted no one. Her emotions had disappeared with the death of her mother.

She had done so well until then.

However, she had to admit that she had been pretty stupid on this point. She had let herself be fooled by the sense of security Dick had given her. He had knocked down one wall after another. Especially after what they had been going through the last few days.

Jane was ashamed to admit that she considered him as a friend. Although he bothered her most of the time, she cared about him regardless.

Honestly, Jane should have foreseen it.

She had finally decided to give her trust and it turned out that she had given it to Batman's sidekick himself. She who thought she couldn't find greater irony in her life.

Suddenly the car veered sharply to the right, forcing the brunette to open her eyes in spite of herself as she banged her temple against the quick."Argh, fuck!"

"Sorry." A hoarse voice came sounding slightly sleepy in the cabin.

"Fuck you."Jane growled as she leaned back against the leather seat, holding her slightly sore temple before resting her head against the headrest in exhaustion.

They had been awake most of the night.

Jane could already see the shades of reds, oranges and yellows rising in the dim light.

Dick winced at her response before tightening his grip on the steering wheel of the car as he swallowed nervously."Jane, if you would give me a chance to explain-"

Jane immediately leaned over the radio to turn it on before pausing as the notes of Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar came out of the bass of the borrowed vehicle.

It was final.

The whole universe had decided to laugh at her.

"You've gotta be kidding me."She whispered under her breath as she collapsed heavily against her seat, holding her head wearily in her hand.