|We're going to an asylum for God's sake.|

Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII.
|We're going to an asylum for God's sake.|

"Haaaa."

Jane immediately brought her hand to her lips to contain her yawn before sitting up on the stool she had borrowed from the kitchen.

She clicked her tongue against her palate as she rubbed her eyes in an attempt to stay awake.

After Magenta's intervention, she and Jane had taken turns, trying to get the old man to speak.

Unfortunately, even though he had been more talkative with Jane, his final response still remained the same. He would only reveal vital information to Rachel.

"Mornin', Dr.Green. "A groggy voice called out, leaving Jane immediately to turn to the shower just to see the old man curled up with his arms around his legs."Leaving so soon?"

Jane rolled her eyes at his little provocation before letting an inaudible sigh as she raised her arm to take a look at her watch.

7:45.Great.

She had barely managed to get two hours of sleep all night.

She let her hand fall against her thigh covered in simple black leggings before finally getting up from the stool. She let a grimace contort her facial features as she felt her bones cracked in protest.

She didn't even know how long she had been sitting on that stiff stool.

Jane rubbed her neck at the sensation of pain along her muscles before finally stopping in front of the old man.

She crossed her arms over her chest as he lifted his head to make eye contact with her.

"You, you know letting me talk to Rachel is the best solution."

Jane arched an eyebrow dubiously."Yeah, no, I don't think so."

She pulled up her leggings lightly so that she could kneel down facing the old man before resting her elbows on her thighs.

She folded her hands before meeting the exhausted old man's gaze.

"Give me one good reason to let you talk to her."She said before loosening her hands,shrugging her shoulders nonchalantl.

The old man narrowed his eyes at her in suspicion and slight amusement as he left a smirk on his lips."Are you trying to use your years of experience with unstable teenagers on me, Doctor?"

"Why not? Try to convince me. Who knows, maybe I could be your best ally in this whole thing."She explained before nodding towards the closed door."I mean you probably know I'm the sane person here. The others behind that door, well, they're kind of like your monster family."

Adamson pretended to think for a moment before looking up again at Jane."I was meant to ask, what are you doing with them? You have no abilities whatsoever. And you are by nature lonely."