Chapter 22: The Mac'n'Cheese

Start from the beginning

Maria and I nod .

All of sudden we hear Max call us . "Guys I made dinner . Come here before I come there".

"We better go" says Maria ,and Ricky and I nodded .

We scramble to the kitchen to see Max on the table of 4 chairs and a Big Bowl of Mac and Cheese 🫕 on the table .

Max tells us to sit and we comply .

It had been a whole day since we ate .

Max tells us to eat and we don't move a muscle . This was too awkward.

"I swear it's not Poisoned . Look I am eating myself" max says .

He continues saying:
"I know what you all are thinking "Oh my god we're having dinner with the enemy . This is crazy . And he made a very delicious Mac n Cheese!"".

That was in fact what I was thinking .

Is he telepathic ?! No he probably just read the situation.  At least I hope so.

"What do you want ?" Asks Maria .

"To eat Mac and Cheese?" Replies Max

"No I meant that what do you gain from all of this ?"
She asks again .

"That's for me to know and for you to find out. Now come on that's enough questions . Let's eat!" He says .

This time we start eating and I don't want to support him but it really was tasty .

"So how is it ?" He asks .

"Ummm it's good" Says Ricky .

I look at him and he shrugs .

"C'mon you guys don't have to be so uptight about this, I am literally trying to be friendly . All 4 of us know that I could be way worse ." Max says .

"You tried to kill us" Maria says bewildered.

"No! I did not . I was just removing obstacles. If I wanted you all dead , trust me you wouldn't be here and you know it. Besides now we aren't enemies here and if you all are good enough I will personally request the boss to not kill you" max says .

I entertained him sarcastically saying : "Oh and what will we do then?"

Maria and Ricky saw my sarcasm but Max didn't .

He replied with a genuine smile and said : "Well it's my first time in LA" and he raises his hands and does a 2 second dance .

He continues : "Well there are many places I would like to go . The Hollywood , Fancy Restaurants, the Christmas Trees , and all the tourist sites"

Is he being serious ?

Maria out of curiosity asks : "Well do you The Christmas Tree of LA" .

Max says : "Yeah ! I have never celebrated Christmas before . Ah the American Christmas . The presents , The Santa guy, and The super powered Reindeer, Rudolf... Hahah Soo weird"

I looked at him . He's never celebrated Christmas?!

Ricky asks : "What do you mean American Christmas?"

Max replies : "Well the people who raised me had their own set of rituals . There Christmas consisted of empty boxes , and fake pictures of happiness and Eating Reindeers.
Has anyone one of you tried Reindeer before ?"

I look at him inwardly disgusted and say : "Never had the pleasure"

Max replies "oh trust me , it's not a pleasure"

Yeah I won't question that statement.

"Come on you guys are questioning again, finish your food before it gets cold , it's good for you, that's what my non biological daddy used to say" max says .

"Okay....?" Says Ricky .

We continued eating until we finished.

Max to our surprise ate more and added hot sauce on it like it was cheese itself .

Ricky said : "Are you really going to kill our parents?"

Max paused : "All I am doing is what's better for the world . Our Parents are Murderers , Especially My father . And the TSO were accomplices.
Did you all ever think about the people they all have killed ?"

I shook my head and said : "Maybe they changed"

Max replies : "No one ever truly changes . I don't know what they have done to brainwash you but they are not good people .
We are not defined by our words . We are defined by our Actions."

Then Max said : "That's all questions for today I am going to sleep . You all can sleep where ever you want . In the bedrooms on the couch or not sleep at all. That's up to you . But I gotta sleep .
Good night"

And just like that he went away and slept .

Well that was interesting.
-__________________________________

Authors Note :

Hi readers!

How was the chapter ?

This chapter was inspired by a episode of a show I liked.

Let's see if anyone of you recognize some of the lines .

Anyway hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter .

Vote and Comment if you liked it .

Surprise!
Another chapter is here as well . I will publish it along with this so keep reading 📖

That's all ! See you all soon!
Bye !

______________________________