Bonus Fluff- movie night

In the original release, this was written as a small filler in between parts 1 and 2.

~~~~~

You're both at your dorm, laying on the bean bag. You always get looks from Candace when you do this together, but she was out and about today with her partners. It's a pretty big beanbag, one of those ones with enough space to hold 3 adults comfortably. Your mom bought it for you as a gift last year. You lay on your back, scrolling through Discord and catching up on pings, knees propped up as he leans back against them. His left arm rests over your knees, the remote in his right hand as he flips through Netflix channels.

Sometimes he asks you to comb or braid his hair, because he had trouble doing it himself. You knew it was just because he found it calming. There are a few tiny braids throughout his hair from earlier today. As a joke, you had put a singular green sparkly pony bead into one of the braids, figuring you'd take it out later. Instead, he asked for you to put a hair elastic on it and flipped it to the front of his head, where he was fiddling with it. Usually, you leave the braid unbound, and they unravel on their own.

"Find anything interesting?"

"No..." he continues flipping through channels.

"Gimme." You hold your hand out and he plops the remote into your palm. You remember seeing an ad for some animated superhero movies last week. Something with a cheesy romantic plot line, which you know he would love. You tease him for it sometimes, but deep down you've come to be a sucker for them too. You find it, and bring up the info. He flops back.

"Isn't this a kids movie?"

"Yeah."

"Cool."

You take it as a sign to press play, and soon the familiar film intro jingle begins. You resume your scrolling as a woman makes buildings float on screen. He leans his head onto the arm on your knees, still watching. You stay like this for a while.

Your focus shifts from the TV to Bruno, who's eyes are very faintly glowing. You've learned he has no control over this, it just kinda happens. Usually at night or when he's tired. His skin reflects the colors of the screen. You run your fingers through his hair. He closes his eyes, smiling slightly.

As the movie hits it's climax, you see his eyelids flutter, and you realize he's asleep. Poor guy must have had a tough day. His breaths are deep and steady.

You slowly reach under his head and lift it, throwing a pillow between his head and your knees. Thank goodness it's the weekend.

You wake up the next morning on your side, Bruno dead asleep cuddling the pillow you gave him, resting on your legs. The sunlight filters in and makes his flyaways glow in the light. The little green bead shimmers in the morning light