Part 1, Ch 7- Sprinkles

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have offered to let you come over, I'm sorry I scared you, I don't know what I was thinking." Bruno is pacing in back and forth, keeping his distance. His curls bounce with each step.

"So what did you want to... explain in person?"

"I know you won't believe me," he says. "So please. Did you think about some things you want to know?"

"Hm... well my cat back home... he has surgery soon.... so I guess that. What does this have to do with your glowing eyes and rats, Bruno." He flinches. You think back to your earlier... revelation.

"I... just stand in the middle there." He worries his hands together. You oblige.

He comes over with the bucket and starts... pouring sand on the floor? You don't even know what to say anymore and give up, watching him finish the circle. He pours a few smaller piles in the middle, and sits down, gesturing for you to sit across from him. You humor him, wondering what kind of drugs this man is on. He lights a match. Where did he get the matches? Is this even safe? What the fuck is happening? You watch quietly as he scoops little piles of leaves into the sand in the middle, and lighting them one by one. He holds out his hands. You just stare at them. They're calloused, but soft looking.

"I forgot to say what I was thinking. Oops," Bruno laughs awkwardly. " Hold on." You lightly put your hands in his, unsure, feeling your heart jump a little. Without warning, he grasps tighter, surprising you. You go to tug your hands away, but his grip is firm. His eyes start to glow again, and you try to jerk away again, suddenly spooked. He doesn't let go.

"Please hold on." he says sternly. You do, surprised at the sudden change in tone.

Instead, he takes a big breath and closes his eyes as the circle of sand around begins to.... glow? Confused and paralyzed with fear, you watch with your mouth open as the sand begins to float, forming swirling shapes and forms into a dome around you both. Wind starts to whip at your hair, and a strong gust almost knocks you over.

You look back at Bruno, terrified. He stands up, and you realize you had been clutching his hands so tight, your knuckles turned pale. You pull your hands away, pushing them into your pockets. He looks solemn, standing taller than you've seen him yet, eyes glowing bright. The sand forms a dome around you, whistling.

"What is this, Bruno?" You whisper.

"My gift, y/n." He pauses, looking intently behind you. "I can see the future."

You turn around, following his intense gaze behind you. Formed by glowing grains of sand, the image of a pet carrier forms. Sprinkles lays in it, curled up and ears pinned back. He bats at hands that reach into the scene, hissing. Your heart twists as you see how scared he is. The scene disintegrates.

Now a syringe comes into view, and the cats eyes close. That image disintegrates as well.

You turn to Bruno, who is watching just as intently, frowning. His hair waves in the wind, and his clothing whips around similarly. His expression is intense, eyes massive and wide, staring ahead.

You stick your hand into the sand where Sprinkles had been, fingers trailing in the tendrils of green. It hurts as the grains hit your skin, but feels warm. This can't be fake. It wouldn't make sense. It would explain the eyes.
The scene shifts again, and you see Sprinkles at home, curled up on the couch. You let yourself breath again. Then he gets up, turning away from the camera.

His entire right back leg... it's gone. Your breath hitches in your throat and tears prick your eyes, burning.

As Sprinkles jumps off the couch, the scene dissipates and the sand falls. You sit down, suddenly dizzy. Sprinkles was supposed to go in just for surgery for the cancer on his foot... But his leg....