She giggled.

~

A couple of days pass by. I finally had a day off. The night before I made some phone calls.

"What is this place", Clara said.

"A hotel."

"This is a hotel...it looks super expensive."

I stopped the car so the bellhop guy could take our bags.

"Well if you don't like it..."

"You only live once", she quickly said.

I chuckled.

She practically hopped out of the car to run inside. It's nice to see her childish. Especially since she went through so much trauma for most of her life and recently. After the bellhop guy was done I tipped him. I got my key and then we both headed to our room. When I opened the door we both stood there in awe. I've been to a few fancy hotels for conferences but this one tops all of them. Maybe it's because Clara is here with me.

"Dimitri..."

"Go ahead."

She went inside and I followed her. I watched her as she looked around and then her eyes landed on me.

"What is all this for?"

"I just wanted to do something special for you. Do something you've never done before."

She walked up to me with a smirk.

"Ah...so we are doing things I never did before...like tonight?"

Usually, I'm the one to make her blush, my face felt hot. I was not expecting her to say that.

"N-No...that wasn't...well it passed my mind but honestly this isn't about that...I just wanted you to have fun and for us to be alone...in a non-sexual way."

She laughed.

"I like making you nervous."

"You're terrible."

"But you lo-"

She looked away.

"What", I asked.

She shook her head.

"Nothing. Thank you, for everything Dimitri."

"You deserve the best."

"Since I deserve the best, I hear hotels have pools. Can we go to one? I've never been before...I know it's weird."

I took her face in my hands.

"No it's not. I understand why and of course we can go."

"I don't have anything to wear for it though..."

"There's a small store here. We can stop by to buy one."

Clara tried on a few swimsuits with the help of one of the workers. After she was done, I paid for it and then we were off to the pool. There were two pools, indoor and outdoor, Clara chose the indoor one since she didn't know such a thing existed.

"Wow", she exclaimed.

"It's empty, perfect", I said.

"We have it all to ourselves", she said as she spun around.

"For now. Hurry up and change, I will do the same."

"Okay."

I came back out to the pool first. I tested the water with my foot, it was warm like they said.