Breaking the Cycle: Dylan

"Do you realize how incredibly hard it is to keep my hands to myself around you?" Asher growled, his mouth brushing over the soft skin on the underside of my jaw.

The bathroom hand job had occurred three days ago now, and we'd pretty much been all over each other ever since. We snuck away from the group at least once every time we were together. I'd wait until Shayne was passed out and sneak over to his room, or vice versa. There was a lot of sneaking around happening, and although there was an incredibly hot element to that, after four days, I was beginning to wonder if he was intent on keeping me a secret.

I let out a breathy laugh, barely able to think straight as his lips and hands roamed over my body. "I don't really recall saying you had to..."

"Not looking to enact a live porno for all my friends, babe. Sorry," Asher chuckled. He straightened his posture, so that he was looming above me, his chest heaving with rapid breaths. "Fuck," he groaned, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pressing his chin to the top of my head. "Not that the fact we keep disappearing is all that better."

"Why do you care about them knowing what's going on, Ash?" I asked, pulling my face from the curve of his neck. I looked up to find his crystal eyes roaming the grounds behind me as if they were searching for something. "They're not stupid. I'm pretty sure everyone here has realized we're messing around already. I mean, I've told Shayne and Lita."

His posture went rigid in my arms. "You did?"

"Is that a problem?"

"No, I just..."

I took a step back from him and folded my arms over my chest. We had just arrived back from an afternoon at the beach, and I was still in nothing but a baby blue two piece. That night was the rehearsal dinner, with the ceremony the next day, and honestly, I probably should've been more concerned with getting myself ready than making out with Asher Wilde, but here we were.

"Hey. Don't look at me like that," Asher stated, reaching for me. His tone sounded like that of a teenage boy about to get shut down, all pleading and kind of whiny. "I didn't mean..."

"What's going on here?" I asked. "Am I just supposed to be your dirty little secret?"

"I didn't say that!" Asher exclaimed. "Why are you picking a fight with me, right now? I'm confused."

"I'm not. I'm just trying to figure out what we're doing here, because if this is some sort of fun, vacation tryst, that's fine. But I'd like to have that information before I get too attached."

"Stop. You know what this is. I'm not trying to keep you a secret, Dylan. I just don't like my business being the talk of the island either."

"Exaggerate much?"

Asher crystal gaze grew gray as he rolled his eyes at my sarcasm. "I like you, Dylan. I think I've made that perfectly clear, but I'm not exactly one hundred percent available, am I?"

"I don't know. Are you?"

"Jesus Christ," Asher groaned. "Don't act like I haven't been honest with you. You know I have a lot to deal with when I get back to Chicago. I'm going to have to at least have a conversation with Bridget, and I don't know how that's going to go. She's immediately going to go to my dad, so then I'll have to explain why I've decided to blow up his plan for how my life is supposed to go that was probably made before I was even fucking born. There's a lot at fucking stake here, and I'm sorry if that fact that I'm under immense pressure from outside sources is making me a bit nervous about letting the world know that you blew me the last three fucking nights, alright?"

"Well, then allow me to relieve some of that pressure." I stooped over and scooped up my wicker beach bag and stomped past him, heading down the path that led to my bungalow.