Snowy Apologies: Asher

"Who IS that?" I asked as Dylan and the newcomer headed for us.

The man was huge, at least my height, but with way more muscle on him than I could even hope to ever had. Man looked like he got paid to workout. He had on a V-neck white Tshirt and a leather jacket and I could see a litany of tattoos that almost rivaled Dylan's. He also had an almost matching black manicure, which threw me for a loop.

"Shayne. Dylan's big brother," Ryder explained. "He owns Shade Room, but he's also a super famous Drag Queen and just got back from tour, so Dylan was running the club for him."

"Wait, like the gay bar Shade Room?" I asked. The firm had done a few of their business contracts. In fact, I had overseen them. Never once knew Dylan was somehow connected and I'd somehow never met Shayne.

"Yep," Lita answered. "Girl has a "real" job. Who knew?"

I gave her a disapproving glare. "I didn't mean..."

Lita laughed at me. "I know you didn't. She's also an incredibly well-paid makeup artist, in case you were curious."

"Look, I shouldn't have said all that shit without even meeting her, okay? I know. I was a dick and I'm sorry," I apologized, my voice hushed as Dylan and her brother stopped to talk to Mason.

"I'm not the one you should apologize to, Ash," Lita stated. "My feelings weren't hurt by it."

I winced. "I wasn't trying..." I groaned a bit and rubbed my eyes. "Why'd you even have to tell her?"

"She's my best friend. I tell her everything."

"You could've left out my giant asshole moment."

Lita just shrugged. "Maybe you shouldn't have been such a prick."

"I know, Li. I'm sorry. Alright? I'll talk to her."

"Good because I've seen you two morons staring at each other all night," Ryder smirked.

I could feel the tips of my ears beginning to heat with embarrassment. "She's... not what I expected."

Ryder chuckled. "Is that your way of saying she's hot?"

I snarled a bit. "Yes, she's hot, okay? She's a fucking smoke-show. She's hotter than hot. Is that what you want to hear?"

Ryder just shrugged. "Sure, but... I mean, I could already tell from the way you've been drooling all night."

"I have not been drooling."

"Such a quick denial," Lita laughed. "Someone sounds guilty."

"Why the hell did I even come here?" I asked, but I couldn't contain the smile trying to take over my face. I came here because I needed this. I needed my friends, even if they were giving me endless amounts of shit.

"Alright! So who's pairing up?" Lita called with a clap of her hands.

"I already called Mason," Shayne stated, shooting a wink in the bartender's direction.

"I've got a permanent partner," Ryder smirked, sliding an arm around his fiancée's shoulders.

"So, that leaves..." Lita's eyes drifted toward Dylan and I.

Dylan looked up at me with a quick, unimpressed glare and then immediately back to her best friend. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Dyl, come on..." Mason began.

"I'll just sit out. Thanks," Dylan stated before sliding into a bar stool against the wall.

"Stop being a brat," Shayne commanded a bit father-like. "You can play darts with the man."