Step 2: Sort Your Feelings Out

Piper slouches against the blue bedroom walls, glancing around wearily. She knew this bedroom well, the floor is covered with long black dog hair, the bed is unmade, the desk is covered with rubbish, the air smelled of dog, blue cookies and Percy's cologne. The walls are covered with posters, everything from leather and make up clad Adam Lambert to Green Day and photos of Percy, Annabeth and Piper.

"Okay, blue cookies, hot chocolate with extra whipped cream and the dog." Percy lists off as he enters the room with his large, black dog Mrs O'Leary at his heels.

"Thanks Percy." Piper whispers taking her cup and sipping at the warm liquid, made to perfection by Mrs Jackson.

"So what's bugging you Pipes?" Percy asks sitting on the bed across from her, Mrs O'Leary snuggles up beside Percy and stares at the cookies hopefully.

"It's Annabeth." Piper mutters, a little embarrassed over the situation. Percy grins at her, in that perfect Percy way that makes her completely open up about everything.

"I don't know why but I seem to get really blush-y around her, and I get so mad whenever we see Thalia. Everything she does sends my knees to jelly, I just sometimes want to jump into her arms and kiss the living daylights out of her. But why Percy? Why?" Something warm starts coating her cheeks, Piper frowns and reaches up to slowly touch her face.

Tears, she's crying. That depresses her even more, making the tears fall faster.

"Piper." Percy says sadly, he places their mugs on the bedside table and gathers her into his arms. Piper holds him close and breathes in that scent of ocean water, cookies and his unique cologne.

"Percy, I don't know what to do." Piper whimpers into his neck, Percy rumbles with gentle laughter making her frown but she's too weak to pull away. She hasn't hugged Percy in so long, but he's very huggable.

"You're going to tell her how you feel, I think you'll be surprised by the outcome." Percy says softly.

"I can't! She's dating Thalia, they're so happy. I can't ruin that for my best friend." Piper whispers, Percy sighs over dramatically.

"I think you should tell her." He replies grumpily, Piper rolls her eyes and chokes out a laugh.

"I think you should shut up." Piper says blankly, Percy gasps and pushes her away.

"How dare you!" He gasps, "I know many people who would be happy to hear me talk."

Piper snorts, "Like Mrs O'Leary?"

"Shut up, Piper!" Percy laughs.

Soon they're both laughing and Piper's problem has been forgotten. But later, when Piper's slowly skateboarding home does she realise.

She's in love with Annabeth Chase.

Well that was depressing to write, it's not supposed to be depressing! Grah! Note to Self: Make Annabeth walk into something next chapter to lighten the mood.

Please vote and comment loves (I keep calling people that these days and I have no clue why...... o.O)

Percy xx