Chapter thirty-five - Waking up

Start from the beginning

She didn't reply, but instead, she kissed me. It was one nice soft kiss. I have missed that too. I have missed everything about her. She is not like the other girls. She is different in her own way and that's why I love her so much. Lexi is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

- How can you even ask me this? I thought that you know me, but I guess I was wrong. - she said and kissed me again

- What has happened in the last three days? I see that your parents are not mad at me since I am still alive. - I chuckled

- Well somehow I think that we understood each other. Thanks for the help. Without you, I don't think that we could've ever done it.

- Lexi, I don't understand you. There is no way that I have helped you while I was in this state.

- This is how you helped us. I think that they saw the good side of me through your state. I have never told them that I care for someone, but now they saw it.

- Ok, then. So I am safe? I mean that I won't be killed and now we no need to hide.

- Yes you are safe and we no need to hide anymore. You can calm down now and take a rest. You can take a nap if you want. I see that you are tired.

- I really am. But I will take one only if you do it too. I want some cuddles and a nap buddy.

- No problem, you'll get both of them. I happily will be your nap buddy. By the way, where were you going before the accident? Aaron said that you were on your motorcycle.

- I was coming to you. I told you that I wanted to see you since I couldn't in the last couple of days. I even bought you a black rose, but who knows where is it now.

- You need to stop buying me roses so often. I don't mind it, but you spend too much money on me.

- I don't see a problem with that. Is it a bad thing to buy something nice for your girl?

- No, it's not, but you are spoiling me. I like that you want to do something nice for me, but sometimes you overdo it. I didn't go out with you only to use to you to buy me presents. I took you for other things which I won't say right now.

- I just wanted to do nice things for you, because no one else was doing it. I am doing all of this to show you that you are important to at least one person. But if you don't like it, I'll stop. Just say it.

- No, you no need to. I just don't want you to spend that much money on me. And if you want to show me that I am important to you, there are other ways in which you can do it. - Lexi said smirking

- I happily will, once we get out of here. Which I don't know when it'll be.

- You need to recover. Don't worry, I'll be here all the time. You won't be alone, because I won't leave you.

- I know and thanks for that. It's good to know that there is someone by your side. - I said and kissed her cheek which made her blush

- Don't worry, I won't let your relationship with your parents affect you. Maybe I should talk with them one day. Since I still haven't met them.

- Good luck with that. I have no idea where they are and are they even at home.

- I'm sorry about that. I know that you couldn't understand each other that much. But maybe with time, you will.

- That's impossible. Lexi, we don't even talk to each other. When they are here, they don't even want to see me. Their work is always more important than mine.

- Maybe they work so hard to save money for you and your future.

- They don't care about me at all. Otherwise, they should be here staying all these days not you and your parents. I am a complete stranger to them, but they showed more care than my parents. You may have argued with them, but at least that way you have been talking. They might didn't approve of who you are, but at least they cared about you in some way. Mine didn't even do that. I am done with them.

- Hunter, don't say that. I have been hating mine, but somehow we find a way to talk with each other without arguing. I know that it's not easy, but it's not impossible.

- Look, Lexi, I appreciate that you want to help, but I don't want to talk about this right now. Can't you just forget it? At least for now. Please. I don't want to argue with you about that.

- Ok, I won't say anything else. When you feel ready we can talk about it. Is that ok?

- Yes and thank you. For being all this time with me and taking care. I know that whatever it happens I can count on you. - I said and kissed her

- For you always. You know that I won't leave you. Plus I need to repay you for all the things which you have done for me.

- You know that I won't let you do it. I won't let you pay a single dollar for me. For whatever it is.

- Ok, ok. I won't spend money on you. Can we take this nap now? I'm getting tired.

- I would love to. I'm tired as well. Sweet dreams and Lexi...

- Yes. Is there a problem? - she asked worriedly again

- I love you. - I said smiling

- I love you too. Let's sleep now. We can talk later. - she said and snuggled again

I love her till death. Probably, because no one else had paid so much attention to me and has taken that much care. I was acting cold because people were acting the same way as me. How I was supposed to show any emotion when no one was doing it. But then came Lexi and everything changed. I changed and became a better person. I understood that not all people are that bad. Thank you Lexi for everything you have done for me.