Chapter One

« Patience is Key »
You noticed the move Ushari was about to make. You decided to take it on your own paws.. "Kion! Watch out!" You shouted, as you pushed him off the cliff. Ushari failed to bite him, but the two of you rolled down the cliff. You landed harshly with full force on the ashy ground. "What in the name of Mufasa was that necessary for?" asked Kion, slightly mad. "I was about to defeat Scar, then you just pushed me away!" You said nothing. Your throat didn't allow you to. No, you didn't find words. "Kion, I'm sorry – it's just–," you begin. "It's what? You're on the outlanders side? You don't want us to win, or what is it?" Kion more demanded to tell him, than asked. You didn't find any words. "I– I'm sorry, Kion. But it's Ushari– he was about to bite you!" You claimed. "No I wasn't!" snorted Ushari. You tilted your head, slightly embarrassed. "He was about to, I mean it. Just–," Kion cut you off with a nasty glare. You sighed, following your lead.

The rest of the guard wasn't happy with what you've done, for that didn't speak with you. From behind you heard Scar's devilish laughing. You sighed. You had ruined it, but you couldn't let Kion get poisoned by Ushari's venom. "Y/n! Don't you get how close we were? You ruined the whole plan!" sighed Kion. "I didn't mean to– Ushari, he was about to bite you." You tried to explain. Nothing seemed to work. Of course it wasn't. "It doesn't matter. Scar could've been defeated! Now we've got to start all over again! All because of you!" snarled Fuli. "Guys, I'm sorry I didn't mean to! I only tried to help Kion from getting poisoned by Ushari!" You nearly roared out. You've been in the Lion Guard forever, but you could never imagine them gagging up shouting at you. "What's going on over here?" asked Jasiri. "Y/n didn't let us defeat Scar because I could've got poisoned," snorted Kion. "Ridiculous isn't it?" he added quickly.

You sighed. Every single part of you was ashamed. You just tried to help Kion from not getting bitten. You didn't want him to risk turning into Scar. Just because of some stupid snake. "Kion! Don't you see, Y/n jumped to save you because Ushari is a venomous snake. If she didn't do that you would've got poisoned and risk ending up just like Scar did," explained Jasiri. "Y/n, let's get you away from these idiots."

Jasiri laid a comforting paw on your shoulder. You smiled weakly. The both of you walked away. "You saved Kion?" questioned Janja. "That's awesome!" he added. You shrugged, leaving the Guard with one last glance backwards. They were looking hopelessly after you. Hoping you'd turn around, run up to them and forgive them.