LXVII. DAMIANO? WHO'S DAMIANO

"Either way, Giorgia, why didn't you bring Damiano with you?" I asked as me, Giorgia and Damiano sat on the balcony of mine and Victoria's apartment.

They had surprisingly showed up while Victoria was out grocery shopping, so we were all waiting for her.

"You know, he's just so annoying." Giorgia carried on the joke when Damiano looked at me as if I were crazy. "He talks too much, he keeps singing and he's always judging everything I do. He's just too annoying."

"I'm right here." he waved his hands at us. "Hello? Crazy women?"

"Do you hear that?" I asked.

"No." Giorgia said, shrugging simply.

"I know, it's the sound of silence away from Damiano." I said and Giorgia started laughing. "The best kind of silence."

Damiano gasped dramatically. "I never liked you anyway, Lastra."

"I know, I was just too smart for you, were I not?" I asked.

"I hate you." Damiano said and my phone's notification tone went off, it was probably Victoria. "Oh, is little Althea cheating on little Victoria?"

"Damiano, you are stupid." Giorgia said.

They continued to joke-argue while I saw the message and replied.

It was indeed from Victoria.

Victoria
there's no cucumber.
there should be cucumber.
no one said ANYTHING about there being no cucumber.
WHY IS THERE NO CUCUMBER?

Althea
maybe they ran out?

Victoria
they NEVER run out.
i'm done.
we need to find a new shop where there's always cucumber.

Althea
i'm not changing the shop we shop at just because they didn't have cucmber once.

Victoria
maybe i'm looking in the wrong section.
i've never shopped without you.
i don't pay attention to where you get the cucumbers.
or anything for that matter.

Althea
oh, that's nice.
what section are you at?

Victoria
plant, of course.
where else would i be?
i see leaves but not cucumber.

Althea
what?
did you just say you're in the plant section?
as in where there are mini trees in plastic pots and soil in those pots?

Victoria
yeah, where else would the cucumber be?
cucumbers are plants after all.

Althea
uh, maybe the fruit and vegetables section?
just an idea, you know.

Victoria
i didn't know there was a section like that.
oh, i see it now.
wow, i'm stupid.
sorry.

Althea
and you just realized that now?

Victoria
i see it now.
oh my god.
they have this really long cucumber.
it's so long.
i don't think i've ever seen a longer one.
surely it will fulfill my needs for cucumber.

Althea
woah.
might want to read those messages through and change the wording.

Victoria
that's it.
i'll go crawl in a hole and die.
bye.

Althea
bye.

"It turns out my lovely girlfriend was searching for cucumber in the plant section." I said.

Giorgia started laughing while Damiano just smirked.

"Thank you for yet another reason to bully Vic." he said. "I worship you, Al. You are my saviour."

"You just hated me a few seconds ago." I said.

"People change, Althea. Always remember that." he said as if he was giving me a motivational speech.

"Yeah, alright." I nodded and turned to Giorgia. "I heard Damiano was sick, is that true?"

"Oh, yeah, he is. It's good, though. His throat hurts so he can't speak. Never been more peaceful at home." she said and we both smirked.

"Oh, come on! I'm right here!" he exclaimed again.

"I feel this wind, as if someone is talking in front of me but I see and hear nothing. Pretty annoying." I said.

"Me too, except it's to the side of me." Giorgia answered.

"Make me feel included, please, please, please." he whispered.

"Alright, we're sorry." I said, laughing.

"Yeah, we're very sorry." said Giorgia, kissing Damiano's cheek. "Forgive us, will you?"

"I'll think about it." Damiano said moodily.

A few minutes passed and I heard that the door was opening and soon I heard Victoria's voice.

"I found it! It's perfect! And long, can't forget. Length is key." Victoria shouted.

"What is she on about?" Giorgia whispered to me.

"She found a long cucumber. You don't want to see the texts she sent me about it." I said.

"Mad woman." Damiano murmered.

"I love when cucumbers are long." Victoria exclaimed. "They last longer."

She came out on the balcony and saw Damiano and Giorgia.

"Awh, you're going to make fun of me for looking - " she started.

"For cucumbers in the plant section? Hell yeah, I am. You know it, baby." he said and Victoria sighed.

"Have you seen Damiano, Vic?" Giorgia asked and Damiano swore.

"Not this shit again!" he shouted and we all laughed except Damiano, who was tired of this at this point.

"Damiano? Who's Damiano?" she smirked.

"Eh, no problem." Giorgia waved her hand. "Never enjoyed him being there, anyway.

---

a chapter dedicated to our lovely damiano for his birthday. [it's two days late, i know.]

i also have another thing planned in occasion for his birthday that i've wanted to do for a while and i thought this was a good time.

a new damiano story, just a short one, but i've got to write a few more chapters of 'the night we fell in love' before i write the first chapter of this one, or more like publish, the chapter is already written.