VIII. PARKS

"So you two are friends now?" asked Enzo and me and Victoria nodded.

"And this is all because of a trip to the bathroom?" asked Ethan and we nodded again. "What happens in those bathrooms!?"

"Did you guys have sex?!" exclaimed Enzo, generally serious and wide-eyes, and me and Victoria laughed.

"Yes, Enzo, we did." I answered sarcastically and his eyes widened before he realised I was joking.

"Fuck you for getting my hopes high." he said, showing me his middle finger and I did it back.

"Can we go to the park?" asked Victoria and we all laughed.

"What are you? Seven?" asked Ethan.

"Please! It'll be fun. We'll go on the swings." she exclaimed.

We ended up going to the park. Simce it was around seven in the evening it there was no one there except a group of five girls around the age of eleven or twelve probably.

Enzo and Ethan jumped over the fence of the playground and ran to the accelerator swing that was empty.

"You're going to fucking fall one day! The both of you!" shouted Victoria and I covered her mouth.

"I know they're not babies but don't swear!" I whisper-shouted, the girls looking at us. Victoria licked my hand and I quickly pulled away as she laughed and ran away. "I'm going to kill you, you motherfucker!" I shouted, running after Victoria who jumped onto the swing with Enzo and Ethan. "I'm sorry!" I shouted to the girls which blushed and giggled.

I walked up to the swing which had Victoria, Ethan and Enzo laying on each other and I laughed.

"What's funny?" asked Enzo, sticking out his tounge to me.

"You're all on top of each other." I said and laughed even harder after hearing my self.

They all laughed after hearing what I said while the girls looked at us in confusion.

"Way to word your sentences, Al." said Victoria, laughing.

"I'm sorry! It wasn't meant to come out that way." I said, laughing again. "Now move over, I'm coming on. Let's hope it doesn't break."

I got on the swing and stood on the big rope around the side of the swing and started swinging us forwards and backwards.

"I find those girls creepy, they keep looking at us and giggling." said Victoria.

"It's like that time the three of us were walking to a club and these girls were behind us and giggling non-stop." said Enzo.

"At least, they confirmed we're hot!" exclaimed Ethan and we all laughed.

"I bet none of you would go up to give them your number." I said and they all smirked.

They jumped off the swing, "challenge on, Lastra!" they shouted, running towards the girls.

"Guys! I was joking!" I said, running after them. "Idiots!"

"Hey." said Victoria, softly as she walked up to the girls and they all turned to her.

"You take everything way too seriously! Can a girl not joke around here?" I shouted, raising my arms as I reached them.

"If we do it, you're kissing all of us. On the lips." said Enzo.

"I'll kiss any of you anyday, you're all hot. But I was joking!" I exclaimed.

"Listen here on this card is my number. My friend said that she didn't believe we'd give you our numbers so we're proving her wrong." said Ethan, scribbling his number on a piece of card he found in his pocket and passed it to Enzo and Vic for them to write theirs.

Victoria, being the last to write her number, gave the girls the card and the three walked away to the swing, winking at me.

I slapped my forehead and turned to the girls "sorry, my friends are extremely weird sometimes and take things too seriously. Here," I said, rumaging through my pockets. "have a fifty percent discount off of Vinci's ice cream!"

I handed them a discount card and they smiled.

"Kissing time, Lastra!" shouted Victoria from the swing.

"Have balance in your group, two straights and two gays always work." I said, before running off to my friends.

They whistled when I arrived. "You gave them your number?" Enzo raised an eyebrow.

"No, you idiot! I gave them an ice cream discount card as a way to apologize for your guys' pathetic behaviour." I laughed as I got back on the side of the swing.

I looked down at them, they all lay together smiling as the wind was in their hair.

"Ethan, move your hair, silly. I don't want to step on it." I said, chuckling.

"I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed. "I'll take it right away."

"No worries." I said.

He was tough but when he did something wrong or someone told him to changebsomething he was doing he always got shy and kept apologizing, I always guessed he was scared to make mistakes.

Once the swing was swinging a lot, I finally sat down with them. We all sat with our backs on one of the ropes that held the swing to the wooden structure.

"Isn't this a dream come true?" I asked looking at the sky with the orange sun set far away with the dark clouds above us.

"What is?" asked Enzo.

"Sitting here as friends, all together where no one can harm us." I said and we all smiled at each other.

"It is."