XXX. TWO PEOPLE

VICTORIA'S POV

How could I be so stupid?!

It just almost slipped out!

Over this time away from Althea I had realised that I love her but I had promised myself I wouldn't tell her until everyone, including my dad, found out.

It might be days or it be weeks, maybe even months but it would be hard to say I was in love with her when only two people know. Well, right now it's one but it'll be two later.

I tried taking my mind off the whole situation so I went downstairs and started making lunch. I'm not the best cook so all I did was boil the water and I already burned myself. Maybe it wasn't the best idea. I turned the boiling water off and went to sit on the seat in the living room. I picked up the scarf I was stitching and got back to it.

Stitching was always my comfort. My mother had taught me how to stitch when I was a small child and now that she was gone I liked stitching to remind myself of her. She always told me her mother had taught her from a very young age and she wanted me to also, at least, know how to stitch something basic.

I tried finishing the scarf but got tired after a couple hours. I looked at the time.

12:09 PM

Althea would be coming by soon hopefully. I'll just pretend I never said anything, maybe she didn't even hear what I almost said or she thought nothing of it.

I got up and went up to my room to make myself look somewhat presentable. I didn't bother curling my hair, I just changed from my pyjamas to a pink floyd shirt that I got from Althea that night I stayed when I was sick and a pair of black shorts.

Soon after tying up my hair, I heard the doorbell ring and I rushed downstairs. I opened the door and saw Althea standing.

"Thea!" I exclaimed and hugged her, her doing the same back.

"I missed you, Vica." she whispered. "It's good seeing you better again."

"I missed seeing you in-person and not just over the phone." I joked, moving away from the door to let her in.

"Oh, that was terrible." she shook her head.

"Can you help me make dinner for Nica and my dad?" I asked, once she had placed her school bag on the floor near her shoes. "I tried making myself some lunch in the morning and I just boiled the water and I already burned myself. Shows how much of a terrible cook I am."

"Oh, Vica. Of course you'd burn yourself." she said, smiling. I missed that smile. "What are you thinking of making?"

"Something easy but filling. Maybe a salad or pasta?" I said. "No, salad. Yeah, salad.

"OK, get the vegetables." she said and I nodded.

"Do you know how to cook chicken?" I asked as I opened the fridge. "It'd add some taste and not jist vegetables."

"Yeah, I do." she said, getting out the cooking equipment. "We can cut it up into pieces and then grill it. That'd be good."

"And I can't even cut bread without cutting myself." I said simply and she laughed.

"Cutting isn't my best skill either." she said and this time I laughed.

"I'd love to see it." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Are you saying you'd love to see me cut myself?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Never!" I exclaimed. "I'm just saying that I'd love to see you fail at something because it seems like you never fail."

"Oh, I fail. I fail and fail and fail. But I just keep trying until I get it." she shrugged.

"Inspirational words from Althea Lastra, everybody!" I pretended to speak to an audience and she laughed.

"Thank you!" she bowed to a fake audience and then blew a kiss. "I love you all!"

We both laughed and then got to making the salad.

"Make sure you don't cut yourself." said Althea when she stood behind me, guiding my hand when cutting the chicken. "Vica! Move your left hand. You're going to cut it if you place it right under the knife!"

I quickly moved my left hand. "Sorry." I laughed.

Her arms were draped loosely over my sides and her hands were holding onto mine, guiding them so that I don't cut myself. Her body was so close and I could feel her hot breath on my neck when she spoke, sending shivers down my spine.

"You know, I feel like you actually want to cut yourself." she joked.

"Oh, yeah. Blood." I smirked.

"Blood kink?" she asked and I laughed.

"Depends." I shrugged and she cracked a small smile.

She helped me cut up the chicken into small pieces and then put those pieces of the chicken on the pan which was on the stove. She helped me cut up the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado and other vegetables and then we put the whole thing together in a big bowl with the chicken and mixed it all together.

"Something smells so good!" exclaimed someone who I recognized to be my sister, Nica.

I turned around and smiled.

"Oh, hello." she said to Althea who smiled.

"Hi." she replied.

"I'm Nica." she said, walking up to us.

"Yeah, I know. Althea." Thea said and Nica's eyes widened.

"Oh! You're Althea!" said Nica, matching the pieces together. "You were correct. She really is pretty." Nica whispered to me loudly and Althea laughed, hearing very clearly what Nica said. I blushed slightly.

"Thank you." said Althea.

"And you two are friends?" asked Nica, raising one of her eyebrows.

"No." I said, smiling at Althea who did the same back. "She's my girlfriend."

Nica squealed and jumped up and down.

"I love girl couples!" she shouted.

"Shh! You don't know when dad might come back. You know he is." I quietened her. "Please don't tell anyone, you and Althea's older brother are the only people who know. It's my first time dating a girl and I just want to be ready before being open about."

"Right. Quiet. Only two people know, me being one. Not telling no one. Got it." she said, nodding her head. "What have you made? It smells so good."

"Salad with chicken." I said. "Althea helped me a lot."

We settled down for lunch, leaving some for my dad, and started talking. I loved seeing how well Althea and my sister got on.

How come I got so lucky?