XXII. IT'S CALLED BELIEVING IN YOURSELF, BABY

"Do you think we should tell them?" I asked when Thea and me sat down together the next day during a free period we both had at the school library to talk about our relationship. "I mean, are we ready? We're both girls so they might have a mixed reaction. I mean, I know Ethan and Enzo will be alright but if we tell them we'll also have to tell Damiano and Thomas too and that's a little too many people especially taking the fact you're the first girl I've been in a relationship with."

"I'm the first girl you've been in a relationship with?" Thea exclaimed happily. " I feel honoured. I hope I'm the only one you'll ever be with."

I looked at her weirdly and then she explained herself.

"I mean in the way that we won't ever break up. So I'll be the first and only you'll ever date." she said and I smiled at her.

"I knew being in a relationship with a girl was going to be cool but being in a relationship with a cool, pretty, sweet and loving girl is even cooler." I smirked at her and she blushed ever so slightly that if I didn't look at her intently over the morning, I would've thought it was just makeup blush.

"Stop, you're going to make me blush." she said, flapping her hand. I loved when she did that.

"I did." I whispered.

"What? Wow, you're the first person who's ever noticed my blushing." she said dreamily. "But, back on the topic of telling people."

"I think maybe we should hold ourselves back with telling them. I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet. I need to have time to think." I said and she smiled.

"I'll wait as long as I need for you to be ready and then we'll tell them. As soom as you're comfortable with it, we'll tell them." she said, holding onto my hands underneath the table.

"Thank you." I said. "I'd kiss you but there are a few people around us." Althea laughed. Oh that sweet laugh will kill me.

I looked around. There were people sat at the other wooden tables a little away from us so they couldn't hear us if we talked quietly. The people in here were only the last two years since we were the only ones who had free periods.

"You know, I heard that when two women are in a relationship their periods line up together." Althea said, flipping through a book she found earlier about architecture on one of the shelves in the library. "I don't know if it's true, I read it somewhere. If only I'd remember where, I'd tell you but I don't."

"That is weirdly fascinating." I said. "I guess we'll find out if it's true."

"Yeah." she trailed off. I could see something caught her attention in the book. I love how passionate she was about architecture. I sure can see a big future for her in that field.

Her eyes ran along the page, her mouth slightly open as she read something on the page. Her mind completely blocked out her surroundings and turned all her attention to what she was reading.

I smiled at the view and put my arms on the table, laying my chin on them as I looked at her admirably.

She gasped and sat up, looking down at me as my chin still rested on my arms. "Did you know there's a bridge in Lima, Peru named the Bridge Of Eggs. It was built around 1610 and it's still standing! It's called the Bridge of Eggs because its mortar was mixed using ten thousand egg whites instead of water." she said excitedly. "Oh, I would love to go visit it one day. It's basically four thousand years old and made of eggs."

"I'll take you there someday." I smiled at her as she raised her eyebrows. "When we'll be famous around the world and earn lots of money from our music, I'll use some of those earnings to book us a trip Peru and I'll take you to the Bridge Of Eggs. Wow, I never thought I'd use that sentence"

"And how are you so sure you'll be famous?" asked Althea. She believed in me, in the band, but it obvious to have doubts. "Of course, I believe in you and the band but how are you so sure?"

"It's called believing in yourself, baby." I answered.