Chapter 18: Her Doubts Towards Him

Captain Plateosa's POV

After witnessing the brat's bloodlust which seemed to emanate the aura of a demon king and being beaten to the ground, I warned him of my persistence to object his obsession towards the princess and ran away with the rest of my comrades.

I'm unable to protect you himesama, this knight failed to eliminate all the possible dangers to your life. But I promise to improve myself so I can do a better result.

When we arrived at the knights' quarters, my subordinates started to gossip about the princess and the human prince. My adjutant, Kazuma Engelhardti, walked towards and saluted me.

"Sergeant Kazuma Engeldhardti greeting the Captain!!"

"I told you to drop all honorifics." I scolded him as I jabbed his arm. "Any news about 'it'." His nonchalant expression turned sour and then he lead me to His Majesty's private reception room through the hidden passage.

His Majesty was wearing a regal all-black attire and his pure black hair was a little disheveled maybe because of a failed breakfast with his favorite granddaughter, not like he has any others.

"Your Majesty!!" We greeted him and sat opposite of him.

"Speak." He coldly spoke that sent shivers to my spine.

Nehemiah-ou is no joke, he really is the villainous king of Daemonorops because of the air he exudes.

"I failed to separate the 'hostage' from the 'target', I apologize Your Majesty." He just quietly sipped on his teacup. He urged me to continue to speak by raising one of his eyebrows. "It seems that Her Highness has been completely deceived by that demonic brat, what should I do Your Majesty?"

"Hmm... for now, let's just watch in the sidelines. It'd hurt her if her only friend suddenly disappeared without a word."

"But Your Majesty, are you sure you should let them be? Her Highness' purity will be tainted in black by none other than that brat. Please reconsider, Your Majesty!!" He stood up from his seat.

"Captain Plateosa, are you doubting your king's decision?"

*gulp

"Do you wanna bear the consequences if ever doing so could make her hate me? Do you really want a discord between the king and the only legitimate heir of Daemonorops?"

"Y-Your Ma-Ma-Majesty, I-I..!" I stammered and clamped my mouth shut.

"Captain misspoke, Your Majesty. I will bear his punishment as well." Kazuma said in a monotonic voice and pushed me to kneel. "Right Captain?" He gazed at me.

"He is certainly right Your Majesty, I do not even harbor ill intentions but only proper ones. Please excuse us, Glory to Your Majesty the King!!"

***
Seraphine's/Selene's POV

I thought he's an innocent boy, how could he act playful and flirtatious? Where did he learn to do this?!

I'm a freaking teenager, how can I be embarrassed by this kid?!

I knew it, his angelic appearance like those child actors in my previous world has a contribution to it. Ugh, I'm so annoyed! Mou!!!

For now, let's calm down!

"Etto..."

*bathump bathump

"Yes Sese-chan?" He asked, oblivious about what I'm currently feeling. "Is something the matter?"

"No, I just..." I trailed off as I shifted my gaze. I stumbled back when he suddenly appeared before me with his face an inch away from me, with just a small movement could cause us to... poof!!

My cheeks burned a few degrees higher that I unconsciously stepped back earning a a proud smirk from him. The next thing I knew, he laughed without a care to his surroundings. He was in a bliss that I was enchanted by his face, once again.

"Etto..?"

"I'm sorry Sese-chan, it's because you're cute!" Imaginary smokes went out of my ears. "Haha, just like that!" He pointed straight at my face.

Makkun!!!! You!!!!!

"Promise me not to show this side of you to anybody..."

I sensed a hint of possessiveness in his tone, did I just imagine it? Guess I have my weird days too, I just became delusional moments ago.

"Ah..."

"Promise me..!"

"... why?"

"... je t'aimé..."

"Eh?"

"Nevermind that Sese-chan, we should explore the world beyond the palace walls, what do you say?"

"Beyond the... walls?" I asked in wonder.

This is a fantasy world, surely the scenery outside is very pleasant compared to polluted cities back on Earth. Maybe I'll come with him, but what about ojisama?

Will he be left alone with just the palace servants? Doesn't he have any family besides obasama and jijue?

"Sese-chan?"

"Eh???"

"You're spacing out, maybe because of the scorching heat. Should I bring you a wide brimmed hat?"

"No." I shook my head. "Let's just rest in the vestibule and ask the palace chefs to make us some refreshments. Will juice and some confectioneries suffice?"

"Of course, but I'd prefer it if it was made by you." My jaw dropped. "Eating what you make is better than anything else!" He declared proudly that I just smiled at him.

"Makkun, really..." I helplessly sighed. "I'm still just a child." He widened his eyes.

"Sese-chan..!" He grabbed both of my hands and clasped the two with his delicately. "You spoke complete sentences!!" He gleefully added that a few non-existent stone blocks dropped at my head.

You just noticed?!

But why the hell did I do that?! I saved those for my parents, now I did it with him already. What presents could I give them now?

Hahaue, jijue, I'm sorry. The only gift I could give you was acquired by someone else. But don't fret, I will come up with something way better... I hope.

"Sese-chan?"

"... yes..?"

"You're mine, forever." You mean being your friend?

"Of course, whom else could I be?" I shrugged. "It's not like I'm with someone already."

Kids his age are so cute, those thoughts will disappear with time as he mature. Being his? I highly doubt that. I heard that kids have their puppy love, and this must be it.

"Yeah, because if you are then..."

He halted his speech when he kissed my hand and showed me a playful smile, for the second time. My heart beat faster than after doing physical exercises. It tripled when Makkun moved his perfectly-sculpted face to mine.

"Makkun..?"

"I'll deal with it when the time comes, I'll make them think you won't be of reach with their common calibre."

"Eh?"

What does he mean by that?