[oneshot] Pity Party - Y/N L/N

A/N- no relationships atm, I wanna write angst <3
This is a vent post, i guess.
Based on my past experiences.

Warnings: Verbal Abuse, mentions of bad actions and bad decisions, child neglecting, toxic household, attempted suicide.

.
.
.

"See you tomorrow, Y/N! Again, happy birthday!!" Your bestfriend waved you goodbye before going their separate way home.

You waved back with a sad smile, knowing that they were the only one who bothered to greet you on your birthday.

You were in a big family, yes. But as the second oldest child among 5 siblings, you were pressured with responsibilities and high expectations, and at the same time, being neglected, discarded, and shrugged off of them like a piece of trash.
You were always treated unfairly, always in the end of the line as your other siblings and cousins are always first. It was never you.

You sighed, dragging your legs to walk to wherever your legs drag you to.

And stopped at a cake shop.

You breathed out a long exhale, entering.

"Hi, welcome! What can I get you?" The counter lady cheerfully asked.

"Hello, can I get a medium sized (fave cake flavor) cake? Put a Happy Birthday on it too, please." You said, taking your wallet out.

"Ah, is it your birthday today?" She smiles, doing your order.

You smiled back, nodding. "Yeah."

Her eyes widened, and so did her smile. "Oh my!! Happy birthday, dear!! I hope you enjoy the rest of the day!!" She greets.

You felt warm inside, joy bubbling in your chest. "Thank you, ma'am." You replied bashfully.

"Also, why are you the one buying your own cake? Shouldn't your parents be doing that for you?" She asks.

"Oh... They're too busy, haha! It's not like I mind." You replied, faking a laugh.

"Yikes... Anyways, enjoy your cake sweetie! I would've celebrated with you, but I still have work..." She gave you an apologetic smile.

You shook your head. "No worries! Thank you!" You paid and got your cake, exiting the shop.

.
.

Arriving at your almost empty house, you opened the door, getting greeted by silence.

"I'm home..." You called out, and of course, no one responded.

You removed your shoes and trotted to the kitchen, seeing a note on it.

'took your siblings out to the amusement park with dad! Take care of the house.

-mom'

You frowned.

"I wasn't invited..?" You laughed, feeling emotionally drained.

"Maybe it's a cool joke on me?... Whatever."

Tears were already falling down your cheeks, the feeling of jealousy and self pity filling your chest.

"Well, atleast this means more cake for me." You tried cheering yourself up.

You went to the living room, unboxing and setting the cake down on the table, placing the f/c colored candle ontop.

Lighting the candle up, you then began to softly sing to yourself.

"Happy birthday to me... Happy birthday to me... Happy birthday, happy birthday... H-happy birthday to m-me..." You were crying. You couldn't bare the feeling.