Betty x Sweet Pea Part 1

Beginne am Anfang

I watched as Sweet Pea took a seat on the log near our tent. I gave him a confused look.

"How come you're just sitting there?" I asked him.

I assume he doesn't want to go into the lake with his leather Serpent jacket and jeans.

"I've made a couple arrangements you could say, so that I don't need to do any of this bullshit" he told me.

"Is there any way you can get me in on this deal?" I joked.

"I can if you want" he said and I gave him a surprised look.

"Seriously?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

"The art of blackmail gets you anything you want" he smirked as we began heading to the lake.

"You're blackmailing a teacher?" I asked confusedly.

"Trust me, it's not the worst I've done or will ever do" he said as we walked down the hill to the lake.

On the left of us was the canoes which Jughead and his group were doing. To the right was some pieces of wood, barrels and rope that we were meant to use in order to create a raft.

Before the teachers had arrived, Sweet Pea and I walked over to the group next to us, wanting to talk to our friends.

Whilst everyone was deep in their conversations, Jughead looked to me, slightly turning his back to the group so we could have a private conversation.

"Veronica told me you and Sweet Pea are sharing a tent" he said.

"Yeah, because he's the only person I actually like in that group" I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

I knew exactly where this conversation was going. He's going to accuse me of having feelings for Sweet Pea.

Jughead and I have been friends for a very long time, so he knows all the crushes I've had and he doesn't let me live it down. Before I started dating Jughead I had a massive crush on Archie but all those feelings left when I realised who I liked, Jughead.

Despite us being in a relationship, he constantly makes comments that really hurt me and devalue our relationship. He constantly tells me that he knows that if Archie ever wanted a relationship with me, that I'd go running into his arms. It really hurts to hear that, especially because it is so untrue.

"I don't feel comfortable with you two sleeping together" he said.

"I know it's not the most conventional but I really wouldn't feel comfortable being with anyone else in that group. And I'm sleeping next to him, not with him" I told him.

"It's the same thing Betty. How am I supposed to know that nothing won't happen between you two?" He asked.

In that moment it just suddenly clicked. Why am I fighting for a relationship where my faithfulness and love for him is constantly being second guessed? I really can't do this anymore.

"Jughead I'm sick of this. You constantly tell me how much you distrust me so let's do what you want, break up" I said. He gave me the most confused look.

"What? Of course I don't want" he started but I shook my head.

"Enough is enough, I can't keep doing this" I said just as the teachers began calling for us to go to our area.

I walked off and Sweet Pea jogged to catch up with me.

"You okay?" He asked confusedly as he walked by my side.

"I'm fine" I said as I looked in front of me.

"Nope, I'm not dealing with the one person I like in my group being all angry" he said. I looked up to him as I raised an eyebrow.