Chapter 24

Naruto awoke late into the morning the next day. He sat up in his bed, arms stretched. He let out a yawn before throwing his legs off the bed and standing up. He went to the bathroom to relieve himself before heading down to the kitchen.

The room was empty but a plate of food was left out next to the stovetop. He grabbed the plate and a fork, licking his lips as he looked at the eggs and waffles that were on his plate. He then made his way back upstairs, looking for Sasuke.

He took a bite full of food before he reached Sasuke's bedroom door. He paused as he put his ear to the door, hearing rock music playing lowly. He smirked to himself as he took a step back and opened the door with full force.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow as Naruto burst through his door, a plate of food in his hands. 'What are you doing?' He signed slowly as he focused his attention on the blonde who was now pouting at him.

"I was hoping to scare you." Naruto frowned before walking over to the empty chair and flopping himself into it, being careful not to spill his food. He took a huge bite and looked at the computer. "Whatcha workin' on?" He managed to say with food in his mouth.

Sasuke rolled his eyes before giving Naruto a small glare. 'Chew your food.' He turned towards his computer. 'A commission.' He began to work.

Naruto watched carefully, taking a couple more bites. "What is this?"

Sasuke paused in his work. 'An anime. On ninjas.'

Naruto let out a loud laugh causing Sasuke to smirk. "An anime on ninjas? That seems kinda silly doesn't it?"

Sasuke gave a shrug in response. He put on an annoyed face. 'Any more questions?' In all reality, he was glad that Naruto kept to his promise, acting more like himself.

Naruto shook his head and took another bite of his food.

About five minutes later, Naruto's food was gone and he watched Sasuke's artwork. "Hey who is that?" He leaned forward and pointed his finger at a blonde, male character that was in the middle of the page.

Sasuke sighed and paused, turning to face Naruto. 'I thought you said you had no more questions?'

Naruto shrugged.

Sasuke shook his head, trying to hide a smile. 'His name's Minato and he's the main character of the show. The hero.'

Naruto leaned forward his head directly next to Sasuke's. He leaned his chin on the raven's shoulder and turned his head slightly, his breath lightly ghosting on pale skin. "He kinda looks like me, ya know? Pretty handsome if I do say so myself."

Sasuke let out a snort and pushed Naruto's head off him. 'You wish. You just wanna be a hero in your own anime.'

Naruto let out a chuckle and sat back in his seat. "Can you imagine, Naruto The Anime!" He waved his hands in the air. "It definitely won't be about ninjas though. I'd be some badass street fighter, keeping the city safe."

Sasuke rolled his eyes and shook his head before going back to his work.

Naruto snickered to himself as he continued watching Sasuke.

The two spent the rest of the day in Sasuke's room, Naruto keeping up the conversation as Sasuke worked on his art.

A knock on the door caused both boys to look up to see Itachi in the doorway. "Ready to go?" His dark eyes glanced at Sasuke.

Sasuke nodded his head and saved his progress. Naruto watched as Sasuke stood up from his seat before he followed. "I'll be busy, uh," his eyes shifted to the side. "Helping a friend out with a job." He gave them both a smile as they stared at him. "I should only be gone for a few hours while you're gone."