Chapter 22

As soon as Naruto left the kitchen, Sasuke let out a sigh. He ran a hand through raven locks. It wasn't long before he heard the front door slam. He perked up and slowly made his way into the living room where Itachi and Konan were.

He casually sat down in the arm chair, watching the TV where they seemed to be watching another random show he had no interest in. He turned bored, onyx eyes to the pair and lightly tapped on the couch to get their attention. 'Where'd Naruto go?'

"Don't know." Itachi answered quickly. He turned to face the TV.

Sasuke nodded casually, leaning his head on his fist as his arm was resting on the armrest. He began to drum his fingers on the other side before he stopped and turned to face them again. He got their attention again. 'Did he say when he was coming back?'

"Nope." Once again Itachi's answer was quick as he went back to the show. Konan gave a light scowl before also turning back to the TV.

Sasuke let out a sigh and tried to focus on what they were watching. He gave them a quick glance and then back to the show. He sighed again before tapping the seat to get their attention. Konan fixed a glare on him, Itachi unfazed. 'Did he mention him seeing anyone?'

"No." Itachi answered once again. Sasuke sighed once again and Konan's glare narrowed further, not taking her eyes off Sasuke.

The younger raven was about to tap the seat again, when Konan gave a loud growl. Sasuke's eyes widened at the noise.

"Go! Leave us alone with your twenty questions about Naruto!" She snapped, keeping her glare on him until he stood up.

'Whatever! I just wanted to know.'

"We know just as much as you, Sasuke. Nothing. Find something else to do." Konan snuggled into Itachi's side, forcing his arm around her. Itachi looked at his brother and gave him a smirk before shrugging.

"She has a point."

Sasuke glared at the two of them before making his way to his room, making sure to slam his door closed loudly.

He made his way to the computer, sitting down and pulling up his current art project. He put on some music, making sure not to turn it up too loudly, and began to work.

He tried to concentrate on his work, but all thoughts kept going back to Naruto, wondering where he was, what he was doing. He paused, staring at the screen. He wasn't going to get any work done here. He had to leave.

He pulled out his phone, typing in an address and ordering a ride. Once it was confirmed, he smirked to himself, not to just sneak past Itachi.

It turned out, sneaking past them wasn't going to be that hard to do. As Sasuke slowly and quietly made his way down the stairs, he peeked into the living room only for his eyes to widen and he regretted bothering to check.

Itachi and Konan were too busy with each other to even bother noticing that Sasuke was trying to leave.

He rushed past the living room archway and to the front door where he slowly unlocked it and quietly opened it. Once outside and the door shut, he made his way to the end of the driveway to wait for his ride.

Shortly after, the car came and dropped him off at his destination, Akatsuki. He walked into the doors where both Deidara and Sasori were at the front desk.

"Little Uchiha, un!" Deidara greeted. "Is your little friend here with you today, un?"

Sasuke sneered, already becoming annoyed he still had no idea where Naruto was. 'Does it look like he's here?'

It took a second for Deidara to process the signs before he just smirked. "Seems like someone's in a bad mood today, huh Sasori?"

Sasori gave a light shrug before going back to the computer that was behind the counter.

Sasuke rolled his eyes. 'I'm going to my studio.'

"Have fun, little Uchiha, un!" Deidara waved as Sasuke made his way to the back.

Sasuke entered his studio and turned on the light. He began to set up his easel and paints. Once set up, he sat on his stool and began to paint.

Hours passed, Sasuke fully concentrated on his work. No thoughts of the blonde or where he was on his mind, at least not much.

A whistle broke his concentration and he looked over his shoulder to see Deidara standing in the doorway. His eyes were wide in awe. "Damn, that's really good." He chuckled before stepping further into the room. "I'm impressed, un." He paused, stopping halfway to Sasuke. "Itachi is here to pick you up."

Sasuke glanced at him before continuing his painting, ignoring the blonde's words.

Deidara got closer, standing right next to Sasuke. The raven gave him a scowl but continued his work. The blonde only smirked. "From what you're painting, un, I guess I was wrong."

Sasuke froze at Deidara's words and gave him a questioning look.

"It seems like you do have emotions, un." Deidara began to laugh as Sasuke slammed his brush down and stood up, the stool he was sitting on making a scraping sound. He began to pack up his brushes when he stopped in front of Deidara, letting out a sigh. 'It's deeper than that.' He continued cleaning up as Deidara left, his smirk even bigger.

Sasuke made his way outside and towards the front where Itachi's car was parked. He climbed into the passenger seat and glanced at Itachi who looked annoyed.

Itachi pulled away from the curb as soon as Sasuke was inside and pulled onto the road. "You are acting like such a child, Sasuke." His voice was at a low volume but his tone made it seem like he was yelling.

Sasuke leaned further back in his seat.

"Naruto is a grown adult. He doesn't need a shadow hovering over him at all times. And you don't need to be throwing these tantrums, running away because you didn't get your way. You are a selfish asshole." He stayed quiet, his grip on the wheel tense.

Sasuke let out a sigh, only staring at the window.

The rest of the drive was held in silence. Itachi pulled into the driveway, parked and turned off the car. "Naruto's home. And he's still in a mood." He got out and slammed the car door behind him, leaving Sasuke alone in the car.

Finally, Sasuke got out of the car and made his way into the house. Slowly but surely, he made his way to Naruto's room, the door was open. He stepped inside the doorway, making his presence known.

Naruto was sitting on the bed, his expression unreadable. He looked up at Sasuke, his eyes dull and lifeless. Sasuke frowned and moved his arms to sign, when Naruto let out a tired sigh.

"I don't want to talk, Sasuke." Naruto muttered, his eyes still locked onto his own.

Sasuke nodded. 'Okay, but if you do want to talk, I'm here for you.'

Naruto stared at Sasuke, not saying anything. He then gave him a small smile and a nod.

Sasuke smirked in return before signing 'goodnight', and heading to bed.