5

Later that night you laid in bed tossing and turning. Luisa just wouldn't get out of your head. You've got to know her really well in the last month or two and she was actually really sweet and very feminine when she wanted to be and you couldn'thelp, but think back to what her reaction was after you handed her the unicorn. Was she thankful? Happy? Upset? Did you make her cry? Hopefully you didn't make her cry. Did it make her feel childish? Small and weak? You had every scenario possible playing in your head on how she may have reacted, but you'd never really know unless you seen her again and asked.

"Y/n?" You sighed "yeah mom?" She walked into your room "I'm heading out. I'll see you in a few days. Your dad should show up soon. No boyfriends over. No parties. Got it?" You nodded "yeah. Love you bye." She went to leave then leaned back in "oh and absolutely no Madrigals in this house." I nodded again "ok I got it now can I go to sleep?" She sighed "yes you can. Sorry for bothering you." Right as you heard the door close you heard a knock on your window "oh come on mom." You flung your blankets off and walked over to the window and opened it "what do you want mamá?" You opened your eyes only for them to meet Luisas.

"Mamá?" You're face went beat red and you face palmed "s-sorry I thought you were my mom." She chuckled "you embarrassed yourself didn't you?" You laughed out of embarrassment "yeah I did. Do you want to come in?" She scratched the back of her neck "I really shouldn't what if we get caught?" You shrugged "then I'll take the blame and say I asked you to come help me with something." She looked around before sighing with a smile "ok I'll come in."

There was definitely some silence for a few minutes, but for once it wasnt awkward. "Why'd you come here?" Her eyes grew wide as she looked away from you "I just needed some time away from my family. They are starting in with the same things all over again and by that I mean venting to me about everything." You sighed "you realize I'm always here if you need someone right?" You paused for a second realizing what you said "really?" She sniffled which meant she had started crying "yeah I mean maybe I can even tell you some of my bad jokes to cheer you up." She laughed "thanks."

There was silence again as she figured out what she wanted to say "I knew I'd be the one that would be there for everyone again sooner or later, but I didn't think it'd be only six months after Casita fell apart. Abuela is starting to try and find a husband for Isabella and she wants me to find one soon too and Mirabel just is being pushed aside by her again because while she does have a gift and its like Abuelas it just isn't something Abuela finds worth bragging about. Dolores is having problems with Mariano and has been for the last two weeks and Aunt Pepa might be pregnant again and its stressing her out. Camilo is just...confused on if he likes girls or guys or both right now and Bruno is thinking his visions are doing bad again and and and..."

She burst into tears again making you sit up in bed "oh Luisa." You reached out and pulled her into you so she was sitting sideways with her head on your chest "its ok to cry and breakdown sometimes." Just because you're strong doesn't mean you have to be mentally too." She wrapped her arms around you and was being as gentle as possible "I just dont understand why they have to come to me for all of it." You laid back on your pillow with her head still on your chest "just let it all out. You're ok Luisa." You patted her back gently and stared rubbing circles on it to help calm her while she just got comfortable in your bed.

She cried into your chest until early morning and when she fell asleep making you nervous as all get out, but you knew she needed someone. Someone other then her family, but you had a feeling deep down that she wasn't just there to vent. She had showed up just to see you, but you pushed that feeling aside knowing she most likely only sees you as a friend.

Meanwhile at the Madrigal house hold:

"Has anyone seen Luisa?" They all shook their heads "its not like her to sleep in like this." Julieta got up "I'll go get her." She made her way up the stairs and to her daughters room where she knocked before entering, but upon entering didn't find her in bed, so she checked around her room and called out for her before going back to the rest of the family. "Shes not here." They all turned to Dolores "did you hear her this morning?" She shook her head "no, but I did hear her last night walking around Casita before leaving. I dont know where she went. I couldn't tell. All I know is she was headed north east." She took a bite out of her food "oh and I never heard her come back."

Back with you:

"Oh Luisa you are so beautiful inside and out. You don't understand how much I love you." You brushed some of her hair out of her face and sighed "but...its against the village rules to love you, so I have to love you in secret. Secret from not just the village, but you too." You gave another small sigh and started to relax with your arms still in the same place as when you first started to calm her the night before.

"LUISA!" You jumped a little at Camilos sudden call for her "oh no. No no no." You hesitated before gently shaking her "Luisa you have to wake up." She groaned and rolled over to her side taking you with her "oh come on. Luisa get up." You shook her again, but more violently this time and she didn't budge, so your next move was tying to get out of her grasp which wasn't easy, but you did it by some miracle.

You paced in you're room thinking of what to do as Camilo got closer then it clicked to you on what to do. You chanfed as fast as possible before grabbing a basket of your moms bread she made the night before and headed out of the house to deliver it to the village like she asked.

"Hey Y/n." Camilo jogged over to you "have you seen Luisa? She left Casita last night and hasn't been back since." You shook your head "no I haven't." He sighed "ok, I'll let Abuela know." He followed you back to the village and met up with the rest of his family as you delivered the bread to each household while nonchalantly listening in on what they were saying while trying not to act suspicious, but you were failing miserably.