Noon came while I lied on my bed, I avoided doing any unnecessary work after our patrol so that I wouldn't easily get tired or hungry. The hunt will be happening at dinner as the earliest possible time after all. Doing nothing in my room bored me. Knowing that this will be the last day of me being free from an alpha's responsibilities and duties, I thought of doing something mischievous for one last time. I shifted into a wolf again and came out through the window. Walking through the pebbles on the porch, a plan popped up in my head. Each Alpha, Beta, and Gamma families keep a stone that represents their role. Every time a new person inherits one of the three titles, the families will choose one representative to present their stone along with the other two. A few days ago, Adrian bragged about how he was prepared by a week earlier for the ceremony, along the way of his talk, he told us where he kept the Beta stone. I made my way to his family's house and went inside through their already-opened door. "Hey Leon. I just need to get to Adrian's study." I greeted the former Beta. He was baking big batches of his homemade chewy, chocolate cookies that were my favorite ever since, before noticing me. Too bad I can't eat any of it 'til the end of the ceremony. "Ah Sky. Sure, just go ahead, oh and Happy birthday." He smiled. Entering the Beta's study, I looked through the drawers attached to the desk. On the third drawer, I found a small blue box. Inside was the stone that represented the Beta family. Drawing a face sticking a tongue out on a sticky note, I placed it on the drawer and took the box along with the stone inside and left the house to find Adrian. I found him helping the crew prepare the place for the party later. Hiding the box inside my pocket, I went into view. "Good afternoon everyone. Need a hand?" I asked, seeing how slightly hectic it seemed for everyone who was around. The organizer, Carlos Fidley, was standing on a ladder before turning around to face me. "Good afternoon Sky. Actually, we were a person short. Thankfully the Beta offered to help so there's no need for you to give us a hand. Besides, this is for you, it would be make us feel bad if you helped prepare it too." He pointed where Adrian was which reminded me of my plan. "I'll be helping instead of the Beta. He needs to leave to find his lost Beta stone." I announced in which Adrian heard. "What do you mean?" He jumped from his ladder and came in front of me. "Your Beta stone is lost. Find it." I plainly replied. His face showed denial in every angle before running towards his house. "Carlos, I'll be back to help." Without looking back, he ran as fast as he could. "Carlos tell Adrian I'll be at the man-made lake when he arrives. Don't forget to mention: I'll be tossing pebbles." Walking outside the door, I slightly waved at him. "Sorry to leave you guys. I'll be quick and will get back soon to lend a hand."

Standing in front of the wide lake, I waited. In just a few minutes, crunching of leaves could be heard followed by fast approaching footsteps. Adrian saw me and stopped as soon as he saw the box that I was tossing in the air. "H-hey you're not serious. Give it to me."

Opening the box to show him the stone inside, he walked closer to me before I threw it on the farther side of the lake. "Happy hunting." I escaped, quietly laughing. "You idiot!" I heard him scream before hearing a splash. There were cars pulling over by the main entrance of our pack as I went back to our territory. Guests were slowly arriving and I hurried myself to get home and prepare for the party to meet with the guests. A simple conversation can lead to opportunities and deals, and that was I was aiming for. Even if I can get a deal with the Alphas, I wanted to have a good relationship with every pack there is. The fact that I can be intimidating for being a lycan alone, can unintentionally cause fear and I want to show them that I am no threat to their packs.

Passing through our kitchen, I could smell the lingering scent of the food my parents ate earlier, causing my stomach to rumble. "A few hours to go." I comforted myself, quickly leaving.

Clothed in a white silk dress, I waited outside for mom and dad to come out. "Dad, we need to leave." I spoke through the open door. Something like a slapping noise paired with squeaking noises came from afar. It was soon accompanied by two pairs of footsteps, trudging closer to me. I knew it was Adrian and Connor before I turned around to look at them with their wet, soggy, clothes dripping heavily. Adrian looked displeased while Connor, who was following him, had a slight frown that twitched into a bit of a smile as he looked at me. I pulled my dress away from the floor as they approached closer. "Hey keep a distance would you? Can't you see I'm dressed?"