Those "Summer" Nights: Asher

Start from the beginning

"Having second thoughts already?" Brock smirked.

"Man, just fuck off already," I groaned.

"You should just walk away now, man. You're not going to win this one," Brock stated, taking a step toward me. I stepped back, but he only crowded me more. "Trust me. She always comes back. I'm betting she'll be blowing me in the back alley before the night is over."

I scoffed at the suggestion, but I felt a jolt of anger heat the blood in my veins. Even the thought that she'd end the night with this douchebag and not me... It wasn't welcome. "Whatever you say, man."

"Fucking stay away from her," Brock snarled, nudging his shoulder into me sharply as I tried to pass by.

"Fuck you, Brock."

"No, fuck you." He shoved his arm into me once again with enough force to knock me off balance.

I bumped into a scantily clad woman, causing her drink to slosh down the front of her dress. "HEY!" she cried angrily.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized. "I didn't mean..."

"You coming onto my girl, pal?" a large man asked, stepping into my face.

"No, I..."

"Get lost, creep."

"I wasn't..."

"I said get LOST." The man gave me a hard shove and this time I hit a table, knocking more than one drink to the patio floor.

The patrons sitting there erupted into jeers and curses, all directed at me, and the outdoor area suddenly felt a million times smaller. Brock had succeeded in making me the asshole at this party, and I needed to get out of here. Fast.

"Excuse me," I said, trying to get to the door once again.

"You gonna go buy us another round, considering you ruined this one?" one of the girls from the table snapped. "Fucking asshole."

"I didn't mean..."

"Sorry about my friend, guys," Brock stated, suddenly clasping a hand on my shoulder. "He's gonna go order another round for the whole patio. He's good for it, I swear."

"He fucking better be," the woman huffed.

"What? I..."

"Come on, Ash. Let's go get these folks another round and then get you home, pal."

"Get the fuck off me," I growled. "I'm not your pal."

"You need to get your buddy out of here," a large bouncer stated as he now invaded my space. "He's causing too much trouble."

"Sure thing, boss," Brock grinned. "I'll call him a cab."

"The fuck you will!"

"You better listen to your friend here, man, before you're in a whole heap of trouble."

"He's NOT my friend. It's his fault..."

"Ash?" Dylan's voice spoke. I looked up to find her in the doorway I was desperately trying to get to. "You guys ready? We're moving out."

"Good timing," the gruff looking bouncer stated. "Get a move on."

I rolled my eyes and yanked out of Brock's grasp. "Let's fucking go..." I growled under my breath as brushed past Dylan like she had somehow wronged me.

"Are you..."

"He's had too much to drink," Brock smirked.

I just rolled my eyes as I continued making a beeline toward the front door and our awaiting transportation. I was ready to go back to the hotel. Brock and his antics had officially ruined my night instead of Dylan's.