LIV

January 9th, 2022: Shingeki no Kyojin D-DAY

<<Flashback: 2 Years Ago>>

"You two what?" Isuma looked at Takahiro and Tamiko in disbelief, sure she'd misheard. People on the sidewalk were forced to move around the three of them. A few of them were casting curious glances: two young men staring at a startled young woman. Isuma realized how the scene might seem to others and quickly resumed walking. "You got your ears pierced? Show me!"

Both awkwardly brushed aside their hair next to their right ears. Tamiko had a black orb, and Takahiro a white one. She questioned, "How long ago?"

"We got them yesterday when you were with your brothers," Takahiro answered anxiously. "What do you think?"

"Me?" Isuma laughed, shaking her head. "You don't need my approval."

"We do!" Takahiro exclaimed. Isuma smiled and reached up to ruffle his hair. "It was a rebellious thing to do- and quite honestly, you two need to rebel."

She stopped walking again and glanced between the two. "Follow me."

Before either of them could speak, she was pulling them to one o the many stores lining the square. Tamiko watched the dozens of people around them. Young women were shopping in small groups, some accompanied by boyfriends. A young girl was stumbling through the crowds, her hands full of bags. A pedestrian knocked into her; everything cascaded out of the girl's arms. Before either Tamiko or Takahiro could react, Isuma was kneeling next to her. "Are you alright?"

She began gathering the various bags. Tamiko and Takahiro joined her; they neatly picked everything up as Isuma quickly checked over the girl, who said, "I'm okay."

"That's good! Do you need any help?" Isuma helped the girl to her feet and brushed off her clothes. "N- no! My brother's over there; he can hold some."

Sure enough, a teenage boy was running over. He pushed back his sister's hair and worriedly inspected her face. "Kira-chan, are you okay?!"

"I'm fine, onii-chan." She grinned at Isuma as her brother took most of the bags from her. Tamiko watched as she exchanged a few words with the teenager. Takahiro murmured, "She's so cool."

"Yeah."

"The kid looks so embarrassed." Takahiro smiled slightly. The boy's face was pink as he hastily bowed and left with his sister. Isuma turned back towards them. "They were sweet, right?"

"Yeah. Where were you taking us?" Takahiro questioned. Isuma beckoned them forward and pushed open the glass doors of a crowded store.

The first thing Tamiko noticed was how large it was; dozens of people were wandering inside, inspecting clothes and accessories. "Why are we here You never shop for clothes."

"It's not for me." Isuma headed straight for the jewelry section and pointed to several large glass cases. "Take a look."

"Isuma-chan, can you see me wearing pink flowers?" Takahiro said disdainfully. He watched as she peered into a smaller case. "Oh, how about this?"

She fingered a gold sun. Tamiko said, "We both have long hair. You wouldn't be able to see it."

"Good point." Isuma walked to the last case, which was closest to the service desk. "Oh, look at this one!"

It was an albeit complex and detailed piece, obviously meant to be worn on only one ear. A small silver orb was to go in the actual piercing, and a crescent and a star hung from two long strands of silver. Three other strands were attached to a small clasp meant for the upper ear. Takahiro frowned slightly. "Isuma-chan, all the girls are going to go wild if we wear this."