Part 3

A few days later...

Kennedy
I sat in the living room on my phone. It was only me and Keem in the house. I heard footsteps coming downstairs.

"What you up to Ken?" My brother asked. He had a bag in his hand.

"Nothing, just chilling" I replied. There was definitely an awkward vibe between us ever since our last conversation.

"Oh ok cool," Keem continued. "Look, Ken I have to leave town. Right now it's too hot for me to be around with all the feds and shit." He spoke. I nodded listening to him. "Ron is going to hold it down while I'm gone okay? Anything you need call him." Keem said.

This was the first time I've seen him look worried. Ever since he killed the leader of the Chopboys the cops been sniffing around. Keem has already got sent to jail and he wasn't trying to go back.

"Okay, be safe" I replied.

"Ight Ken see you whenever," Keem left with all of his stuff. It was a relief that he wasn't going to be around for a few weeks. That means I could finally hang out Meech without my brother on my back.

We have been texting ever since then but we haven't hung out yet. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Meech 💙

Hey, I'm free today if
you want to hangout.

Ight, I'll pick you up when you ready

Okay , see you later then

************

Later - 4 pm

I got ready to see Meech. I did my hair, makeup and everything. I had on a light pink hoodie matched with some pink leather pants.

*ding ding* I checked my phone and it said that Meech was outside. My stomach started to turn. I walked outside and locked the door. I saw Meech's car parked right in front of the house. I was so nervous walking to the car, I almost tripped.

I opened the car door and sat inside. I almost forgot how fine he was. He had on these big BMF chains and Lord knows how much I love when a nigga wears chains. He smelled good and expensive.

"Wassup Ken?" He said in his deep voice. He had a blunt in his hand. The car smelled like him mixed with weed.

"Hi" I replied. I was so nervous I didn't know what to say. I stared at my hands for awhile before Meech spoke up.

"You smoke?" He asked. Passing me the blunt that was in his hand. I nodded and took the blunt from him. Meech drove around for awhile we smoked while Gunna played on the radio.

"Oh shit you're a professional" he said while taking the blunt back from me.

"Something like that" I responded.

"What you been up to these past few days,  I been wanting to link with you?" He asked

"I been busy studying" I replied which was the truth. I was studying for the LSAT to get into Law school.