Scaredy Cat

They had another meeting the next day. With how emotional they both felt, Friday's meeting was rushed and very few details were actually discussed.

"You said you already have someone you trust?" Chat Noir asked. Ladybug nodded. They both sat atop the Eiffel tower, far away from any curious listeners.

"Yes, I trust her to do well."

"When would the handoff occur?"

Ladybug pursed her lips, "I'm not sure. The sooner, the better. I need to train her properly."

Chat wasn't sure how he felt about it. He was going to miss working side by side with his lady. Sure, he'd still see her. If she kept the baby, he'd know her civilian form and interact with her. But it just wouldn't be the same. It was, however, the best alternative. They weren't quite sure how much protection the suits offered. Tikki had very little experience with previous Ladybug's holding onto the earrings for their full pregnancies. The suit might protect her the first trimester when she wouldn't show, but it would be harder for the second and especially the third. He'd never forgive himself if anything were to happen to her or the baby.

The baby.

Chat felt tingling in his stomach whenever he thought about it. He couldn't tell if it was butterflies or nerves. Maybe both.

"I'm just... nervous," she muttered. "I'll have to tell her why I'm giving up my miraculous temporarily."

"She doesn't know yet?" he asked.

Ladybug shook her head, "No, I'm terrified of telling her."

"I'm sure it'll be fine. Do you think she'd judge you?"

Ladybug shrugged, "I'm not sure how she'll react. I'm... not exactly in a relationship with the father."

"No?"

She blushed, shaking her head, "It was more of a one-time thing. B-besides, I wasn't in civilian form, so I couldn't tell anyone."

Chat feigned surprise, "Wait, so you were Ladybug when you were with him?"

She sheepishly nodded. She expected Chat to say something, but he stayed rather quiet. Too quiet.

Ladybug stood up, feeling uneasy and wanting to go home.

"I'll try to let you know before the switch happens, but things are moving so quickly that I can't guarantee anything."

Chat simply nodded, not given the opportunity to say anything as she quickly left. He was honestly at a loss for words the second she willingly admitted she was Ladybug when she got pregnant. He wondered why she gave him that information. Perhaps it was because he was the only person she could talk to.

.

Adrien walked into school the following Monday, unsure of how to approach Marinette. It was possible that he was overreacting and overreaching with his assumptions on Marinette and Ladybug finding out they were pregnant on the same day. It could be a coincidence, but there was a little voice nagging him in the back of his mind.

They could be at different stages of pregnancy. He could vaguely guess how far along Ladybug was, but he had zero information on Marinette's pregnancy. As far as he was aware, Marinette wasn't even seeing anyone. He knew she had previously dated Luka when they were younger, but she hadn't mentioned any boys after that. Marinette's pregnancy might have also been due to a one-time thing, but that didn't add much valuable information. It didn't narrow any possible fathers.

He briefly considered just straight up asking her, but then he remembered Ladybug's reaction and scratched the idea immediately.

From where he was standing, he noticed Marinette walk into the school. It was still a few minutes before class, so he decided to approach her.