Episode 2: Bag and Tag

•••••••••
N/A
•••••••••

And another night just as peaceful as any other came to pass, now you can only imagine to what extent 'peace' can go to in a scorched world like this...

The girls were soon going to find out that peace was not in their favour this time...

••••••••••
Yuri
•••••••••

Never had I imagined that I would have had such an effect on Monika...my actions have driven her to think so lowly of herself for the longest time and I couldn't even see it...

This reminds me of how we discovered Sayori's condition, we felt like we didn't do enough, felt like terrible people for never seeing someone else's pain.

Sleep was never one of my strengths but the one night I finally find myself resting peacefully it turned everything for the worst...

"....yuri."

"Yuri...!"

"YURI!!"

The absolute horror in those screams along with a violent shake of my shoulder caused me to pull myself up from the bed in a panic. I find Monika waking me up as if her entire life depended on it and this caused Natsuki, who was also sleeping in the next room, to bolt into my room as well concerned about her troubled behavior..

"Monika...?! What's happening?"

"Sayori's gone!!"

"WHAT?!"

I immediately jump out of bed as Monika pulled herself off of me, scanning her from top to bottom I noticed her not wearing any shoes and obvious patches of mud all over her.

"I checked the whole house! The back! Outside at the hill! She's gone...I can't- she's.."

"Monika!"

I get a good grip on her shoulders and yell at a range that she would at least stop herself from talking. I watched Natsuki rush out of the room from the corner of my eye.

"Calm.down.... You'll get nowhere from panicking."

She stared at me for a good few seconds and seemed as if she stopped breathing but then she exhaled heavily as an indication for me to move further with what information she can give me.

"Did you find anything out of the ordinary in your room?"

I ask as I being moving around the room to gather my things and get changed, mainly just to slip on my boots and get my weapons..

"No..! the door to our room was unlocked and her things are still here!"

"So either she went out on her own or she was taken...was the front door breached?! any windows...? The back door!?"

"Nothing! We-"

Suddenly Monika stopped and stared into nothingness with widened eyes while I tightened my belt..