Chapter Six: jealous much?

I ordered the dress and I kept thinking about Everett, I don't know why but I was attracted to him. I decided to text him and see if he wants to come over later, maybe we can practice together. I could sense that Har was jealous so I tried to be affectionate to him and hold his hand and kiss his cheek.

"Har, are you jealous." I asked as I saw that he was giving Everett the death stare.

"Me, jealous? No way- why would you- okay fine I'm a little jealous." He said and I smiled.

"Don't be jealous, I don't like him like that." I said and he sighed in relief.

* later that day

"Honey, somebody's at the door for you." Mom yelled and I ran downstairs and saw that Everett was at the door.

"Hey Everett." I said and he smiled.

"Mom, this is Everett Greyson, he's a friend from school." I said and he shook her hand which pleased my mother.

"It's nice to meet you ma'am." He said politely.

"It's nice to meet you too, you two have fun. I don't think you should go outside, it's supposed to rain." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"So, want to practice?" I asked and he nodded eagerly.

"Come on. I ran to the back door and he followed.

"Where is your bow and quiver?" He asked.

"Their outside, I hide them outside." I said.

"Why do you hide them?" He asked as we began walking down the trail.

"I don't know, I guess because I don't-" I was cut off by the loud banging of thunder. The rain started and we began running down the path holding our hoods over our heads. We had ran past Harley's path that led to his house and kept going straight down my path. Harley wasn't at the end of his path, he must not want to be out here in the rain.

We kept running trying to get to my practice area where there were plenty of trees above us that would keep us drier than what we were right now, I also had a fort in a tree. Dad and Sam had put it up so we could sit up there and do our homework or just to be alone for a while, they put it up when I was born. Sam had tried to help dad, being the hard worker she was, she had helped dad a lot. Every time I go into the tree fort, I think of her, I still go to the part of the woods where she died, I promised myself I wouldn't but it's hard not to when you miss somebody everyday and blame yourself. I ran and slipped in the mud, Everett did too, he fell face first and I started laughing trying to get the mud off of my face.

"Babe, are you okay?" He asked and I blushed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said and he grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I don't think so." He said and tried to wipe the mud off his chest. I pulled him up and helped him get into the fort. I helped him take his shirt off and I looked at the gash on his chest.

"Okay, I'm going to pour some water on your chest." I said. I stood in front of him and carefully poured the water on his chest. He winced. 

"Sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"It's okay, I know you're just trying to help." He said and I smiled.

"Let me wipe your face." He said and took a cup of water and poured some into his hands and wiped my face, starting with my forehead. He lightly wiped my forehead and I cleaned his wound.

"Its really bad Everett." I said and he paused.

"I can probably wrap it if you want." I said tenderly.

"Okay." He replied and I reached into a cabinet and something fell out, it was a picture of Sam and I when we were little. I wiped my eyes trying not to show that I was crying.

"What's wrong Cat?" He asked.

"I just haven't been up here since Sam died." I replied and he pulled me in for a hug.

"I miss her too." He said and I buried my head in his chest.

"Why did it have to happen? Why did she have to leave me? Now I have to be the oldest, I have to protect Miranda, I have to-" I sobbed and my voice broke down. He rubbed my back and I muffled my cries.

"She's in a better place." He said tenderly. I put my hand on his and we interlocked hands.

"I know but today, it would have been a month, she died a month ago." I said and he slightly gasped. He lifted my chin and looked into my eyes. I quickly cleared my throat and went back to looking for the ace bandages, his fingers slowly let go of mine and I no longer felt his warmth, the warmth I longed for, the warmth that Harley doesn't have.

So do you guys think she's going to fall for Harley or Everett? Feel free to leave comments below.
~Hope