The mysterious wolf

Start from the beginning

- Holy shit.

The grey wolf is dead but the black one wasn't in a good condition either. I wanted to leave, I wanted to run and stay away from them. The back wolf just looked at me without doing anything again. I took it as a change and started running towards my car without looking back. I just have to get out of here, nothing else matters right now. I just kept running and running, without caring about anything else.

As soon as I arrived home, I went to my room and locked the door. I can't believe I just survived from a wolf attack. This is too much for me. I took deap breaths and hugged myself for comfort. Everything's okay Veronica, you are back at home, safe and sound. I have to pretend like nothing happened, I really hoped all this were a dream.

                         The next day

- Vero, you look like shit.

- Thanks for the compliment Stella, I appreciate it. I said sarcastically.

I didn't sleep at all last night. With everything that happened, I couldn't. I was thinking to not come at the restaurant today but Stella would be curious and I don't wanna lie to her. I decided though to not tell anyone about it. I wanted to keep it a secret and after all, none would believe me. The images of the wolfs haven't left my head at all. After hours of thinking, I realized that the black one was protecting me. But why? Why was he helping me and why he was okay with my presence near him? I had so many questions but sadly none could answer them.

- Veronica?

A voice startled me and I looked up at the person that was in front of me in surprise.

- Alex?

     Is he really here? When did he come?He studied me for a minute, he was looking at me with curiosity.

- Are you okay? I called your name at least 3 times.

Great. He was here earlier and he must have seen me zooming out, perfect.

Stella come out of nowhere with her eyebrow raised. Of course, she must be wondering who is it since I don't have male friends.

- Uhm Alex this is Stella, my friend and Stella this is Alex.

I introduced him to her. They smiled at each other and shaked their hands.

- It's nice to finally meeting you Alex, I have heard a lot about you.

Stella said smirking at me, that bitch-

- I hope she said good things.

- Oh yes, she did.

- Stop it, you don't have to embarrass me more. I whispered at Stella and she just winked at me.

- Okay, go and talk you two, I will do all the work for now.

- Ohh, I didn't want to disturb you girls-

- I am sure Vero doen't mind.

She said teasing me again and Alex chuckled at her words.

- We have to talk later Stella.