Disguised

"Wind Master?"

Shi Qingxuan,  " Mnn! I need your help!"

He pouted at her as soon as he finished speaking.  On the other hand Qin Xiuying had no idea about what was going on.

Qin Xiuying,  "..., What happened? "

Shi Qingxuan, " Uhh, so I don't how to begin but, well you know...Ming Yi has always been acting strange after that day. He always seems to avoid me and then I found him rushing away in a hurry one day when we crossed paths. He indifferently told me that he had to go look for an escaped ghost as suggested by the Emperor. And it's been a week and he is no where to be found...

Also I came to know that this case is under Ling Wen Palace, so in that case he is not supposed to be involved. The Emperor is also not here at the moment so I couldn't ask him. But I came to know that you, General Nan Yang and General Xuan Zheng are involved in searching for the escaped ghost Xuan Ji. So, if you don't mind... Can you go and look for Ming Yi? I am just very concerned about him and my brother won't allow me to go after you three...
Can you help me with this favor? "

Qin Xiuying intently listened as she tried to sort out all the possible outcomes. She could only think of the time when a heaven official sent signals for help from Ghost City, but what confused her was that it was not the time yet. Even Xuan Ji had escaped and it seemed that the whole story had started to change. And now that was something scary, when you are stuck at some a new and unknown place, while you know nothing about the future.

Qin Xiuying,  " Alright... Sure, anyways we will be going there so I will make sure to have a look for him. And don't worry, he will be fine!"

Ahh wasn't my real goal to third wheel? But here I am stuck with all the mess. But nevermind, I am ready to do anything for Wind Master!

********

Next Morning, in front of Ling Wen Palace

The three stood in front of each other staring. As soon as Mu Qing met the gaze of Feng Xin, his face appeared to have an unreadable expression of disgust. And so was the case for the other party.

Qin Xiuying silently stood there and mentally swore at the situation. Thanks to Ling Wen who came at the right time and broke the gloomy atmosphere with her serious voice.

Ling Wen, " Okay so, according to the information gathered, the place where her traces were found was near the lair of Green Ghost Qi Rong and also near Ghost City under Hua Cheng. These two are each one of the four calamities and it's probable that she is colluding with the other powerful ghosts for whatever the reason may it be. And also Earth Master has gone missing after he went in search for her. So as strong Martial gods, excluding General Pei, General Nan Yang and Xuan Zhen are supposed to go along with Qin Xiuying.  I hope the mission is clear and if there is any trouble, you all can reach out for me anytime, with the communication array."

Mu Qing just rolled his eyes as he nodded in acknowledgement while Feng Xin felt it too disgusting to work with his rival and also a new Female Official.

The three soon descended down and sneaked into the area under Qi Rong. The entire forest cover of that area was showered with Blood Rain and rotten corpses hung from every tree. The three of them had a strong sense of deja vu and almost threw up even before starting off with their mission. The entire job was just too disgusting accompanied with the stench.

Green Ghost fires surrounded the entire area and his minions were on patrol everywhere. There were also many living humans kept as hostage in a particular basement.

The three of them mixed up with the hostages and whenever any minion came nearby, they were knocked off unconscious one after the other. The mortals who were at deaths door were wide awake after seeing what was going on.

Suddenly, an extremely annoyed voice rang out over the entire place. " Where the f*ck are those whom I had sent to bring the sacrifices?! You come here!"

There was a sudden bang of something being smashed. It was a shivering Ghost who became a puddle of blacked blood and rotten flesh on coming across Qi Rong. Yes, the voice belonged to none other than Qi Rong.

Xuan Ji,  " Wait, I will go have a look..."

Feng Xin, " ! "

Mu Qing looked at Qin Xiuying and asked with annoyance,  " It's her? I haven't seen her so I don't know..."

This was the first time since they came down, that he interacted with her. In reality none of the three spoke much and had an overall mutual understanding.

Qin Xiuying,   " Mnn"

Feng xin looked back at Mu Qing and commented, " Idiot! As expected of the one lazing around all the time..., not even recognizing the subject of the mission..."

Mu Qing, " You—  The hell do you consider yourself as? Hah, I am not interested in women like you, so ofcourse I don't know!"

Feng Qing, " What interested?  I am even allergic to them!"

Qin Xiuying was running out of patience and she firmly suggested to change their original appearance as Xuan Ji was very familiar with Qin Xiuying and probably even knew about the other two. The poor mortals huddled in a corner after seeing the serious bickering.

They were quiet loud and the moment Xuan Ji entered the basement, she came over to inspect the suspicious three. She looked around but didn't find anything weird, as the ones who were knocked unconscious, were already hidden by the imposters.

Xuan Ji, " Interesting... Umm Master Qi Rong? It seems like you are too popular that there are a few new faces here... I personally selected each one of them present here and there happens to be additional three of them. Hah, seems like our work will be a great success! "

*A/N: Umm so,  I am very sorry as I probably won't be able to update sooner for the time being. My term exams will be starting from next month and I haven't started anything yet! I feel like crying atm 😭 So yah, sorry for late or no updates in advance T-T 💔 *

And well, I will do a bit of FengQing ship for the upcoming chapters maybe and be back to Hualian soon.