Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different

Start from the beginning

^_^_^_

“No! Don’t shoot!” I shout kicking my legs and then I sit up blinking my eyes only to be met by darkness. Just another nightmare, you think I would e use to them by now, but I’m not.

I feel some weight lay on my lap and I move my hand to it feeling the soft feel of Rider’s fur. A heavy rough paw then lies on my leg and I pet Rider allowing myself to calm down. It is like he is drawing my bad energy from me.

“What time is it?” I ask my phone as I reach over feeling for it on the stand.

“9:30am,” the automatic voice says and I groan. I guess I need to talk to my mom about returning to school. So I pet Rider and side around in my bed and drape my legs off the edge. I feel the weight of Rider on the bed disappear and then a thump. His footsteps make their way to my feet. I stretch and crack my back. God I miss my sight! Standing up I walk to my closet with Rider beside me keeping me from hitting things. It’s like he can sense my need of his help.

I open it and feel around the hanging clothes for some sweat pants. Finally I find some and feel the tag and uses that to tell me the front and back. I slowly return to my bed and reach down to wear Juliet placed Rider’s harness last night somewhere on the floor. “Sit,” I say to Rider who is standing beside me and I can hear him body shift to sitting. My fingers finally find the harness and I slip it on Rider and stand up taking a hold of it.

My mom is probably in her office working. Yes, my mom works she came from a tough childhood and loved making clothes, she became a designer and opened her own store that sells high quality clothes she makes for lower prices. One store became to and now they are beginning to pop up all over the country. Now Georgia Collins Designs is becoming a house hold name. I shut my eyes trying to picture the house from my memory. I use that to guide me on directions and Rider to keep me from hitting things or falling.

Once I reach where the door to her office should be if I followed the directions correctly. I hear my mom humming coming through the door. “Mom?” I call to her hoping she’ll open the door.

I hear the creaking sound of the door opening and the humming has ceased. “Reece dear, what is it?” my mom’s voice asks me.

“I need talk to you,” I say simply with a smile.

“Come on in then and have a seat,” my mom insists as she grabs my left hand and pulls Rider and I inside. She puts my hand that she is holding on the back of the chair and I sit down as fill around. I hear my mom sit down in front of me and Rider sits at my feet. “So what is it honey?” my mom asks her voice beginning to sound worried.

“I want go back to school,” I state simply giving her the most confident look I could muster.

“Oh sweetie! Are you sure about that? Do you think you are ready?” my mom asks me in a worry filled voice.