Chapter 5 - The First Cassette

Start from the beginning

"This is Moon. As you can see, Sun and Moon are essentially the same animatronic, however they have different functions. Moon specifically focuses on nighttime activities, while Sun is stimulating. Moon here can read bedtime stories, play soothing white noise, and rock a child to sleep in his arms," he explained.

He switched the lights back on, and as Moon started to transform, he began to glitch out. His head got stuck midway through transition, and his body froze while it was contorted. "Oh, shoot," the man said. He approached the animatronic with some tools and began tinkering on it. The animatronic started muttering incoherent nonsense while the designer attempted to bring him back to a state of normalcy.

"As you can see," he said, trying to continue the video introduction, "he's not finished yet, but, with a little love and care, he'll be up and running." He gave a fake smile, but then sighed with annoyance. "I'm not going to be able to use this take," he mumbled.

He had managed to put Sun back together enough for him to finish his transformation. Sun scanned him up and down and saw how disappointed he was. "Oh no," Sun said, "did I mess up?"

"No, no," the man assured him, "you're perfect. Absolutely perfect."

Sun stood up, but in a way that reminded me of something straight out of a cartoon, and leaned in close to the man. "I know what will cheer you up," he said. He hopped up to the ceiling, and I could hear the railings above shake as he crawled on them. The man watched from below.

Sun jumped down and handed him several coloring books and crayons. "I do love some coloring," the designer said as he took one of the books from Sun. Sun opened his own book and said, "I'm gonna color this donkey purple! Donkey's should be purple, haha!" He kept laughing and giggling to himself.

Instead of coloring on the coloring book, the man pulled out a notepad and began to take some notes using the crayons that Sun had given him.

The monitor went back to static.

"What was that?" I asked in disbelief. "It must've been a video proposing the concept of the daycare attendant," Freddy said.

"I know that," I said, "but it's not at all what I wanted to see." Freddy took out the VHS tape from the player. "What did you want to see?" Freddy asked.

"I don't know, maybe some video exposing a hidden crime syndicate or something secretive about this Mega Pizzaplex," I admitted. Freddy stifled a laugh.

"Hey, don't laugh at me!" I retaliated. Freddy straightened his back, and his large shadow widened. It clicked how menacing it was to be around him. From several feet high, he looked down directly at me. "So that's what you're looking for?" he asked. My heart dropped to my stomach.

I just exposed myself, didn't I? I'm here to investigate Fazbear Entertainment's involvement with missing person cases. "I-It's not what it looks like," I said. I struggled to think of what to say, but there is no way out of this. Freddy is an incredibly advance artificial intelligence, he definitely knows what I'm after, and it's his company.

He took a step forward. "Wait, no! Don't kill me! I-I didn't find anything, so you can just send me home! No harm, no foul!" I said frantically. I could feel my pulse pounding, and I debated whether I could win a race with an eight foot animatronic down the hallway.

Freddy started laughing again. "Hahaha! No, no! I'm not going to kill you," he said. He then pointed out the open door. "But he might," he said. But there wasn't anything there. I was confused, but then I heard it. Large footsteps.

Freddy's chest opened. "C'mon, we have to go," he said. Without much of a choice, I climbed in. I heard the hallway doors open.

"Hi, Monty," Freddy said. I heard a growl come from outside.

"Where is he?" Monty said. Wow, his voice is terrifying. It almost sounds as if they weren't able to make his robotic voice sound human enough.

"Where's who?" Freddy said. Dammit, Freddy! Don't play dumb, everyone knows that's a bad move .

"The kid. I heard him yell, ' Don't kill me !'" Monty mocked.

"Right, the kid," Freddy said. "He ran away."

"Which way did he go?"

I heard Freddy's mechanical arm rise. He must've pointed in a direction.

Monty walked closer, but he didn't turn. "If I found out you hurt him, I'm killing you ," he said, I heard his claw hit Freddy's casing. He then left, and I could hear his footsteps becoming more and more distant.

"What was that about?" I asked Freddy once I couldn't hear Monty anymore.

"He may be aggressive, but he has a good heart. I'm sure he'd help you if he found you first," Freddy said.

Is that true? I would've thought all the animatronics had programmed ways to deal with intruders. Then again, they're less animatronics and more AI with a fully functional body.

"Are you going to take me to the main office?" I asked. If he's not going to kill me, turning me in would be my second guess. Freddy was silent for a moment.

"No," he finally said.

"What? Why?"

He opened the hatch and motioned for me to climb out. Once I did, he knelt down and stared at me. He gently placed his hands on my shoulders. "You're the first person to take initiative," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I remember the week the pizzaplex was swamped with detectives. It brought a lot of bad press. It cost a lot of money to make them sweep it under the rug," Freddy said. "I don't know what happened to them... I want to know too."

"So," I asked, "you're going to help me?"

"Yes," Freddy said. "Let's solve the mystery together."