Chap 11 : Invitation II

Aviana returned to her desk and suddenly, someone hugged her from behind.

Her reflection was so fast that she almost punched that person but he managed to dodge.

"Chill~ it's me~" Haven's voice was heard and it gave her relief.

"Mr. Haven..." she said in a sad voice.

"You looked cloudy today, something came up?" he asked in a worried voice.

"No, it just works..." she said and didn't dare to look at his eyes.

"Hey..." Haven made her eyes glued to his eyes.

"It's okay to be stressed over work but keep your smile up okay? I also can't concentrate at work if seeing my lover of life sad and gloomy" he said in a smile.

"I'm sorry..." Aviana hugged him.

"Hey...no need to be sorry, I'm trying to cheer you up, reward me with your smile instead" he rubs her cheeks.

Aviana showed her smile "why was your previous partner so lucky?" she sighed.

"What do you mean?" Haven looked at her confused.

"I mean, your previous partner like Melinda or anyone before that must be lucky to have you as their fiance or boyfriend" she said.

Haven chuckled.

"Hey! Why are you laughing?!" Aviana pouted in sulking.

"Do you know that Melinda and I were just in a contract marriage? She is older than me, has her own lover and she's the one who broke the contract~" Haven's words make Aviana surprised.

"And for my previous partner, I don't have anyone except Melinda cause my love has already been stolen by you when we're in highschool~" he said and it made Aviana blush.

"How can I trust you?" she asked.

"You can ask my mom or my dad, I mean, they were excited to meet their daughter-in-law and you also wanted to know about my previous love life, right? So it's win-win" he said.

"You're right! But what do they think about me? What if they like a woman who has a good career?!" Aviana panicked until Haven giggled.

"No...who said? My parents don't care what the women have as their career, as long as it is something that is relevant, they don't care about it. The important thing was love and how you want to spend the rest of your life with me" he explained.

"T-then! If they still don't like me?!" she still not satisfied.

Haven then flicked her forehead "I know my parents...they'll like you as their daughter-in-law because..." Haven stopped.

"Because what?" Aviana asked but Haven still didn't answer.

"Because what Haven?!!" she was getting mad but he was still playing around and didn't tell why.

"Find it yourself! I'll bring you to the cocktail party as my partner, so you can ask my parents everything you want!" he walked into his office.

"Eh! Haven Victor! You're cruel! I need the answer now!" she knocked on the door but he held the door from inside and giggled.

"Why did I dated someone who was very cruel like you?!" she mumbled and returned to her desk until she heard some giggles.

Then, she saw a few employees who actually saw their scene just now. Now they pretend to not see and do their work.

"Guys! Too late!" Aviana said.

"Sorry Mrs. Victor!" they said and made her blush.

"Hey!" Aviana stands.