And mum...I don't even know anymore. She lashed out at me as soon as she got home. We hardly talk.

Dan x

Dear diary,

Phil's coming 'round for a sleepover next week! Childish I know, but I can't help but giggle whenever I think about it. I just wish he'd feel the same as I feel for him. He's so cute and funny, why is it so hard being in love with your best friend? I can't handle this.

Dan x

Dear diary,

Today was...awful.

I didn't know how bad mum felt. But when I knocked on her door because she hadn't come out for a day, I didn't expect to see her hanging.

I'm an awful son. How did I not notice anything like this?

Well...now I've lost my mum too. I feel numb in all honesty, writing is supposed to help you express your feelings right? So why do I feel so numb even when I write. Maybe because my fucking mother killed herself.

Dan x

Dear diary,

I need a friend,

Dan.

******

Phil couldn't wait to come round Dan's and stay over. He felt as if Dan had been distant from him the past few days. Dan just said he was having family problems and he'd tell him what when he came round.

Secretly, Phil was falling for Dan. He was so cute and geeky, with his small stutter whenever he had to answer a question and the way he's so shy. Sometimes, it was really hard for Phil to resist the urge to kiss him right there and then.

-

"Dan, who was that?" Phil asked as he sat himself on Dan's bed, looking through his video game collection.

"My auntie. She wanted to check up on me to see if I was alright." Dan said emotionless.

"Dan you still haven't told me what's wrong."

Dan froze. He was about to say what had happened, but instead ran into the bathroom. He couldn't let Phil see him cry. No way.

-

Phil was about to run after Dan but he decided to wait until he got out so he could calm down. Phil had a feeling it was about Dan's mother. She hadn't been around for ages. Half an hour passed and Dan was still in the bathroom where there the muffled sobs had calmed down slightly.

Phil decided to look for any other games to play that could cheer Dan up, finding a slim notebook shoved in one of the dvd's. He curiously opened it, skipping to a random page and his eyes widened in shock. It was a diary, talking about him. Dan had actually written about Phil and how much he liked him. Phil really wanted to tell Dan now as soon as he exited the bathroom. Maybe that could cheer him up, he had only been afraid of rejection but now he knew that wouldn't happen if the feelings were mutual.

But then Phil read on. The page about Dan's mother. And then he realized.

Dear diary,

Mum's funeral's in a few days. I just want her to come back so badly. I miss her hugs and I need someone. Anyone.

Dan.

Phil gently tossed the book onto Dan's bed, running to the bathroom and knocking frantically on the door.

"DAN OPEN THE DOOR!" Phil shouted as he banged on the door.

Dan flinched, shuffling forward and unlocking it as he stepped back. He was still crying but hardly any tears came out, he and used them all up.

Phil instantly opened the door, enveloping Dan into a tight hug, bringing the back of his head forward to rest on his shoulder as it became damp with more tears.

"Tell me this stuff okay? I want to be there when you need someone, i'm always going to be here for you." Phil said softly as the boy wheeped into his shoulder.

-

Hours had passed and Dan was feeling alot better now. He still had an ache in his heart as naturally expected but Phil made it more bearable.

"How come you knew what happened?" Dan said randomly, stopping in the middle of their video game.

"Yeah...er I kinda read your diary, don't kill me." Phil said quietly/.

"Idiot." Dan chuckled before shouting 'fuck!' in realization.

"But on the bright side, I really really like you too, I would have told you but rejection is a terrible thing."

Dan stared wide-eyed. ""M-Me? You like me? You' were bloody well good at hiding it."

"Do you honestly think I would stare at you so much for no reason?" Phil chuckled, ruffling Dan's hair.

Dan shrugged, playfully hitting his arm. "I don't know. You're weird."

xx