Pt. 78: The Departure

Começar do início

"Me? Strong enough?" Loki questioned and swiftly swept Luna off her feet, the sudden motion making her squeal. "I'm always strong enough for you."

She laughed lightly and held onto his shoulders. "I never doubted you." She tucked a strand of hair behind his ear, and he proudly resumed his walk.

All during the walk to the guesthouse, Luna alternated between caressing his cheek and petting his hair. Their close proximity under the bright street lights gave her allowance to study him. By his eye sat the remnants of her makeup he put on. The club lights hardly allowed for proper viewing, so she took this opportunity to see what he used. His eyes were dusted in black, and a bit of green glitter strayed from the corner to his cheekbone, making it appear sharper.

"You like what I did?" Loki said. Luna wasn't surprised he caught her; she wasn't trying to hide it.

"Mhm," she nodded. "Did the others give you any trouble for it?"

"They tried, but a well-placed look kept them quiet."

"Good."

"Besides," Loki paused, "I only care if you like it." He glanced to the side to meet her gaze, and she smiled.

"And I do." Luna caressed his cheek, picking up a bit of green from his skin. "I really do." She dusted off her fingertip and set her hand back on his shoulder. "By the way, thanks for leaving my makeup."

Loki grinned with pride. "After our little outing a few days ago, I thought you might be missing your own things."

"I was, so thank you." Luna brushed his hair again. "Wanda offered so nicely last time, and I didn't want to burden her again by actually asking."

"Hm. I also like the colors you have."

"Oh, thank you," Luna beamed. She touched the corner of her eye. "It's not my usual style, but nothing beats glitter, so," she shrugged.

"I still think you look nice."

She poked Loki's cheek. "Nice enough to take home?" she said suggestively.

"Nice enough to keep all night long," Loki purred back, mischief twinkling in his eye.

"Well, it's you who really looks like that." Luna thumbed the collar of his shirt. "This shirt is glamourous, to say the least."

Loki glanced down. "I like it too. Tony helped pick it out."

"Aw, you guys and your shopping trip. Tony does have good taste, so I'm glad he helped you out a little." Luna paused and sighed. "But only you can pull something like this off."

"Funny, here I was hoping you would be the one pulling it off."

Luna gasped as Loki shook with stifled laughter. "Oh, you're so bad!" She lightly swatted his shoulder. "You think you can just say whatever you want while I'm here, helpless in your arms, too tired to walk?!"

"Oh, now you're too tired to walk? Glad I offered to carry you, then." He hoisted her closer.

Luna giggled and thumbed his collar again. "But it is a nice shirt. Very much your style. Mine," she picked at her top, "not so much."

Loki peered down at it. "You wear it well."

"Not for much longer," Luna groaned. "You ever get something, and you just know you're only going to wear it once?"

"All too often. Of all the things to go up in flames on Asgard, I do not miss those pieces."

"Tacky, uncomfortable, or both?" Loki shot her a look, and she nodded. She got the message. "Hm, right. Well, I do hope you wear this shirt again."