Chapter 9- Unexpected Allies

Start from the beginning

Grinning cutely, she replied, 

"Of course I know that now! Tabhi tou reintroduction ker rahy hun! I know that Jinko mien Anirudh dada samajh rahy thy, woh koi doosre hi dada thay!" 

A small laughter escaped his mouth as he wittily replied, 

"Well, technically dekha jaye tou mien tumhara doosra nahi, balki teesra dada hun!" 

Bursting into laughter, she happily said, 

"Yes...so mere teesre dada, Shashwati aap se formally introduce hone ke liye ayi hai yahan. Lekin aap bhi koi baat kero na. Sab formalities Shashwati hi kere kia!!" 

Instead of saying anything, tugging at her small hand that was still clasped in his bigger one, he gestured her to sit on the chair near his bedside. 

However, ignoring him, she hopped onto his bed, surprising him. Trying to fit in her feet into his blanket as if she owned it,  she grinned and said, 

"Dekho dada… jab tak aap wahan Roy Chaudhary Haveli mien thay, tabb tak tou mien aap ko Anirudh dada ka hi koi 'fun version' samajh rahy thy. And I was so surprised but genuinely happy to see my 'Anirudh dada' being like that… Lekin abh jab mujhe pata chala ki woh Anirudh dada nahi thay, balki aap thay, tou bhi it doesn't change anything for me. Aap 'aap' ho, aur 'aap' as it is hi special ho mere liye. Iss liye tou mien aapka wait ker rahy thy, aur aaj jab aap wapis aye ho, tou mien buht buht buht khush hun." 

His heart melted on hearing such a sweet avowal of loyalty and love from his little sister. 

Bringing her close, he let her snuggle in his blanket cozily, and running his hand on her head lovingly, he said, 

"Thank you kiddo...I am touched, Shash...sha...sha…" 

He abruptly stopped trying to say her name when he saw her rolling her eyes. With a legit facepalm, she said disappointedly, 

"Dada… aap rehne hi dou. Mera naam SHASHWATI hai...mager aap ke Italian munh se nahi niklay ga. Chhod hi dou aap bas." 

Suppressing a sudden urge to laugh out loud at her disappointment, he minutely watched her expressions. 

His sister was a chhota packet, bada dhamaka! 

She was like a firecracker, and he just loved such kiddos! 

Moreover, he realized with a sudden jolt that she was a drama queen like HIMSELF! 

Holding back his laughter at sensing some great similarities in both their personalities, with a wide smile on his lips, he said, 

"Accha accha… itna drama bhi kerne ki zarurat nahi hai! Haan, mujhe tumhara naam mushkil lagta hai. Mager iska bhi solution hai mere pas. I can always call you Miṣhṭi bōna, lekin woh Anirudh Dada kehte hain tumko. Iss liye mien kuch aur sochta hun."  

Her eyes twinkling as she looked up at him and asked, 

"Aisa kia soch rahay hain aap?"