175:Oh God

"Are you alright love?" Casper murmured in English, his voice was like velvet and cream to her raw wounds.

She gave him a pained smile, trying desperately to stop herself from snuggling into his touch, press her nose against his skin and inhale that clean, masculine scent. She'd forgotten that he was the only other extremely fluent English speaker in the relationship, and it was exhilarating to hear her language spilling from his tongue in beautiful rich tones like milk and pudding.

"I'm okay, just thinking..." She was thinking about the bad memories that she had with their dormitory. About the tears that she had shed. About the blood that she had spilled. How did they wipe it clean? Did they scrub it by hand, wipe every stain clean by themselves as if it were a duty? Or had they hired housekeeping? Do they think of her when they step into their home? Was that why they slept in the hospital—

"We'll buy a new house one day, I promise," he said, smoothing the wrinkle between her brow. "We wanted you to choose it with us, wasn't sure if you liked mountains and rivers or beaches and the sea." He chuckled, his laughter low and rumbly, pleasant to her ears and Amber began to relax against his touch. Her quickening heart rate dropping into a steady beat. "Or maybe you would prefer the night life and a bigger condominium in the city."

"They all sound nice..." She said softly, opening her eyes to look up at him. "But I like your home, I might have bad experiences with it," she winced at the thought, "but I can just make new memories to cover up the bad ones."

"I see..." Casper hummed, and her eyes dropped to the bob of his Adam's apple, fixated upon the arch at his throat. "Tell me if you're ever uncomfortable, okay?"

He took her palm them gently rubbing soothing circles into her skin. Warm, slow circles that did things to her head and soul, making her sink into their touch They all seemed to like doing that to her, her soulmates. They had a fascination for her skin, and she believed that it came from the need to touch her to keep her alive. It was their way of telling her that they cared for her and they desperately wanted her to get better quickly.

He tugged her along then, pulling her up the stairs to a final door at the end of the hallway. Amber inspected the door, noting the simple white wood. "We called this a guest room, but truthfully? It used to be dusty storeroom with a bumpy, shitty bed that nobody really liked to sleep on." Casper admitted. "Guest that sleep here never come back to visit."

Amber snorted at that. "What about your parents then?"

"When our parents visit, they book a hotel nearby because they know how crappy our service is." Casper shrugged then quickly glanced down at her, raising his hand up in surrender. "Don't worry, some of us are just lazy bastards. We're usually very hospitable people. Just didn't have a reason to renovate this room."

She grinned at that, enjoying his panic. He really didn't have to worry. It wasn't as if she would leave them for being slobs. Although, she had some minor expectations that they would have to meet as people she stayed with.

"We all worked on it, but we aren't exactly the best of interior designers. Maybe Ezra could be one... But we mostly just went with what we liked so you might not like it." Casper winced, then quickly continued. "If you don't like it, we could change it? The point is...Keep your expectations low please."

"Don't worry," Amber grinned. "I know how quirky your tastes can be. And I like the 'weirdness', it makes things personal. It reminds me of all of you, and I like to be reminded of my soulmates."

Casper smiled at that, and she was rewarded by a sweet flash of dimples on his cheeks. "I warned you, alright?" He opened the door then and Amber stepped into the room, a gasp tearing through her throat.