Author's Note

|photo by Michael Brodzik from Unsplash|

Thank you so much for reading GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD!!!

This story will always have a special place in my heart because it won the attention of a literary agent. The manuscript was submitted to a handful of editors, who gave me some lovely compliments (along with their rejections) and a few suggestions for improvement.  

Long story short: It took me a long time to come up with a revision plan that allowed me to retain the elements of the story I love most—and I can't tell you how amazing it feels to have GYBR out in the Wattpad World! I'm grateful for every read, vote and comment—and to everyone who's added it to your reading list!

Special thanks to my writing BFF, @lildonbro, for all of your moral support and encouragement—and comments that make me feel like I'm back in high school passing handwritten notes between classes. :) Somehow over the last year, you've become my "ideal reader."  ❤️❤️❤️

I can't resist sharing this gorgeous artwork by fashion Illustrator, Kelly Smith

I can't resist sharing this gorgeous artwork by fashion Illustrator, Kelly Smith. (Repped by ILLUSTRATIONX. Link in the comments.) I sure would love to see a human version of Paige. ;) 

If you'd like to see more Oz inspiration—including all the Dorothy-loves-Scarecrow fan art I could find—check out my GYRB board on Pinterest. (Link in the comments.)

If you haven't already, please check out my Wattys 2021 shortlisted (!) novel, ALLYSON IN BETWEEN and my upper middle grade, DOGWOOD. :)

Thanks again! 

Hugs, Elle