A Little Ball of Sunshine

Another story! I have come to bless my readers with a baby Luffy fanfiction. All of my baby Luffy fics are the highest read stories on and ao3. It's been too long! While this is *technically an au, it is all One Piece characters and I only made it an au because I didn't feel like world building and was just going for fluff galore. All you need to know for this is that the super powers are called quirks and some people like to be heroes. That's pretty much it. Enjoy~!

Luffy was playing with Paul when the next adopter man came in. He hoped he had a family soon. All the other little boys and girls were going, and he wanted to have a house, too. And he wanted a kitty, but first he had to find a mama or papa! That's what Miss Olivia said they were playing for. To find a nice home. And Luffy definitely wanted a kitty!

He was serving tea to his imaginary friend. He was purple with googly eyes. He was distracted from the man looking to adopt, entrapped with his conversation with his imaginary friend. There was nothing in the cup, but it had imaginary tea in it, so it made sense that an imaginary friend would drink imaginary tea. Of course that made sense!

The man walked to Luffy and sat down. He asked if he could have some tea, too. Luffy finally looked up, and saw the guy was very tall! And he looked like a grumpy grump, but still had a smile and cool purple hair. Luffy looked to Paul, and said, "Once Paul is done with his tea, you can have his cup," brightly.

"Is Paul your friend?"

"Yeah! I named him Paul because I thought to name him Paul, and it's a good name," Luffy said proudly. Once Paul was done with his drink, Luffy gave the tea cup to the grumpy grump. "I'm Luffy. I'll call you grumpy grump, 'kay?"

"That's fine. But I'm not actually grumpy, my face just looks like that sometimes," grumpy grump said reasonably, and took a sip of the imaginary tea. Paul looked affronted. He told him that sharing was important, and it was grumpy grump's turn for the tea. "I could give it back to Paul. I had water on my way here, so I'm not too thirsty."

Luffy shook his head. "Paul is bad at sharing, so I gotta teach him because Miss Olivia said sharing is caring, and I like that. Shishishi, it rhymes," Luffy giggled. Grumpy grump smiled, and took another sip of his tea. They had a small tea party, and ate the crumpets that didn't exist. But grumpy grump even made crunchy noises when he "ate" it. Luffy liked him!

He played with him, and after the tea got cold and all the food was eaten, he walked away to get his stuffed giraffe. "Look! This is Paul 2. She's a giraffe," Luffy said proudly. Grumpy grump smiled, and said Paul was definitely a good name and deserved to be used by two of his friends. "Shishishi, Paul gets jealous sometimes! But I'm teaching him not to be jealous. You should always be happy!" Luffy exclaimed arms wide. Grumpy grump agreed. Being happy was a great feeling.

"And being around happy people is also nice, too. Like a warm feeling," grumpy grump replied. Luffy beamed again and nodded. He liked being with happy people. Grumpy grump eventually had to leave once dinner came around. And even though Luffy ate all sorts of sweets during their tea party, he was hungry.

The very tall man stood high above Luffy. "Come see me again, okay? If you adopt me! Then we have to have a kitty, okay?" Luffy said with wide eyes. Grumpy grump smiled, and said he already had a kitty. "Is his name Paul, too?"

"I'll tell you next time."

"Deal! Bye bye!" Grumpy grump waved back, a smile on his face of what he could see. He was wearing a fluffy scarf, so Luffy only saw the smile in his eyes, which was easy to see of course. A person's whole face changed when they smiled a real smile! Luffy turned to Paul and praised him for sharing.