Lecture Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

Something I wasn't used to doing.

As a Kennedy I didn't apologise for anything but right now I was fighting against who I was to pull off this act.

Digging my elbow isn't River's side again he groaned in pain before turning to look at Davis once more.

"I'm sorry for breaking that agents nose."

Davis scoffed. "You did more than just break one of my agents noses. In your own holding room you bashed another one's head against the glass and broke the arm of another."

This time it was my turn to look at River surprised who looked like he was trying hid a grin behind a cough. He didn't tell me that part. Quickly recovering I cleared my throat and turned back to Davis.

"That's why we wanted to say sorry. We thought about it and-"

"I'm not buying it." Cut off Davis clearly sick of my shit.

I didn't blame him I was sick of my shit too.

"Me either." Agreed River turning to face me not even bothering to hide our act.

Well more like my act.

"What is it you really want and make it quick I've places to be." He looked down at his watch like he was proving a point but all it did was annoy me.

He didn't have somewhere to be. If he did he would never have come down here to see me.

"I wanted to make a deal." I was thinking on my feet making this up at I went along. Planning everything out was moms thing, just going with the flow and making shit up was my thing.

"A deal?" Davis sounded doubtful. "Trust me I've made enough deals with your family and they've never been on my terms. So what makes you willingly think I would agree to one from the very daughter of a couple that have my agents run from one side of the world to the other."

He has a point there was no doubt about that.

"I have names, names of people that you probably want." The folder my brother had given me popped into my head. I would never give him any of the names in the end. After all it was full of names that worked for the Italian's and the Italian's were my families problem.

Davis crossed his arms. "You really Lyra's daughter."

"What?" It wasn't the first time I've heard this in the last few weeks and it was starting to get to me.

They had expectations of me and I didn't know how I felt about that.

It was hard live up to parents like mine and frankly I didn't know if I could.

"Nothing." Sighed Davis dropping his arms. "I have all the information I need so that trick isn't going to work on me. If anything I should be arresting the two of you."

"Arrest us? Why?"

Davis looked at me like I was stupid. "You did just hear about the damage you two did while you were here right? Do you really think you could just walk with that?"

Holding out my wrists I gave him a grin. "Arrest us then."

"What?" Questioned Davis confused.