7

I started driving again, out of Mystic falls. I followed the pull, driving and driving. After maybe half an hour, my phone started to ring. It connected to the bluetooth on my car and I tapped the accept button when I saw Damon's name.

"Hey." I said.

"Where are you?" He asked. "I didn't think it would take that long."

"I'm going..." I gasped as I began to speak, and bit down on my tongue. It was like something was controlling my words. "I just left the school." I lied, the only words that would come out. "I should be back soon."

"Okay." I could tell he was smiling from the tone of his voice. "I'll see you soon. I love you."
"I love you too." I said, and hung up.

What was wrong with me? I had no control over anything I was doing. The pull was too strong.

I kept driving.

An hour later, I finally stopped. I had fifteen missed calls and twelve messages, all from different people. I wasn't allowed to look at them, by whatever was controlling me. Leaving everything in the car, I got out.

I was at a cabin in the middle of nowhere, the tiny house brown and boring. I walked towards it, and then knocked on the door. Someone opened it, someone I didn't recognise.

"You're here!" She smiled. "Come in." I walked inside, and the woman closed the door. "I'm Sybil. You must be Elena."

"Why are you controlling me?" I folded my arms.

"I couldn't have your friends knowing anything." She shrugged. "It's not important." Sybil opened her mouth slightly and a note of song came from between her lips. I froze, and then her hands were on my head.

I screamed as my mind flashed and burned. Sybil's face was all I could see, even with my eyes closed. This continued for a moment, and then all of a sudden, I felt an absence of everything. I opened my eyes and grinned.

"That's better." Sybil smiled. "I like you so much better with your humanity switch off."

-

Damon's POV

I paced up and down the room, checking my phone every few seconds. No one had heard anything from Elena since I had called her just over an hour ago. If I still hadn't heard from her by tonight, I was going to get Bonnie to do a locator spell.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that something was very wrong. I had been putting together the trip of a lifetime to take Elena on, and then she disappeared right under my nose. I couldn't shake the feeling that whoever was behind her disappearance, they didn't just randomly take her. They had this planned.

I would get her back, even if it killed me.

-

Elena's POV

"So." Sybil sat down on the couch and patted the spot next to her. I sat down. "I need your help Elena."
"What with?" I folded my arms.

"I need you to help me track down someone very close to me. She is very dangerous, and I need to find her. Her name is Celine." Sybil passed me a photo of a woman with long brown hair and a kind face. "She's my sister."

"Why do you need her?" I asked.

"She has something I want." Sybil's face grew annoyed. "She took it from me years ago, and now she is trying to destroy me. I need you to help track her down, and kill her."
"What if she tries to kill us?"

"You will protect me. I have seen how you work. You will be very valuable to me." Sybil said.

"Why would I protect you?" I scoffed. "What's in it for me?"

Sybil opened her mouth, and again came that music. It seemed to dig into my brain, rearranging my thoughts. I suddenly had the overwhelming feeling that I would protect Sybil with my life, and get her what she needed, whatever it took.

"I'll do anything." I said. Sybil smiled.

"Thank you dear." She said. "Why don't you go do something with your hair? I think you could put some colour into it. Just so I know which doppelganger is you."

"Of course." I stood.

"And while you're at it, kill the hairdresser when you're done." Sybil called after me. I got back in my car and started driving.