Chapter 1

Karan's POV:

"Karan do whatever possible,
I need this presentation done by tomorrow. We need this project at any cost"
Said my boss Mr. Kumar in a very angry voice placing two files in front of me over the table.

My boss Mr. Kumar is a very nice man. But, when it comes to work and business he's the most dangerous person on earth. I nodded my head and gave him assurance to complete the work by time.

Coming out of his cabin and taking a deep breath. I walked towards the coffee maker. I kept the files that I was holding on the table which is at the side stuck to the wall and took a cup from the shelf above.

I switched the machine on and kept the cup under the it. Reclining on the wall with my hands folded towards my chest and closed my eyes for few seconds. I have no idea where my life is going and which direction is God leading me.

"Hey, Karan what's wrong buddy? Why are you standing like this?"

I opened my eyes to see Niroshini, my colleague. She also took a cup from the shelf and kept it under the machine.

"You need to get some rest, you work your ass out!"
She said and looked at me.

I just shook my head as nothing and took my cup with my files and walked back to my cabin. The whole day passed and I am exhausted. I looked at the time it's past 9. God I need to reach home before she starts calling and I have no answers to her questions.

Thinking about home I packed my stuff and headed out of the building.

It's been seven years since I've been working for 'Casagranda Constructions'. A well known building company as their  marketing director.

While driving my mind thought about how horrible my life has become. It is a little messed up. No, I guess fully messed up. I need to get things settled but right now I feel to let everything be messed. Many things kept running in my mind. But everything seemed pathetic and boaring.

All the way I kept thinking of doing something right in my way of living. But my stupid brains did not work. Anyway,
I drove till home and parked my car in the parking lot. Coming out of the car I walked towards the lift and entered inside pressing the 8th floor.

I live in a three bedroom flat given by my company few years ago and I just bought it on my name last month. As I walked the corridor of my floor and stood in front of my house door someone called out to me.

"Hello Mr. Kapadiya how have you been? Long time since I saw you!"
Said my neighbor Mr. Khan.

I just smiled at him and twisted the key into the door and entered inside. I preferred not talking to any of my neighbors The lights are off. Why is the house so dark? Where is she? Thinking I closed back the door and switched the lights on.

Everything is still and quit. But I'm feeling like something is not right. Opening my shoes I kept my bag on the sofa and walked towards her room.

As I opened the door, I found my angel sleeping in peace. I sighed in relief. I went up close to her and kneeled down close to her. I held her hand and kissed her forehead lovingly.

Today was an important day for her and I missed it. I tried my best to be there with her. But, I couldn't and I cursed myself for doing this to her.

I patted her forehead and kissed it again. I got up and took off my coat and curled up next to her. Pulling her close to me kissing her hair. I closed my eyes to sleep. She is everything. She is my peace.

.................................................

Tossing and turning I woke up to an empty bed. I got up and freshened myself. Today is a sunday and I have to make up for my mistake. I can't stay without taking with her man.
And she knows that, I will do anything to make her happy.
I came out of the room and saw Pooja our house help working in the kitchen. I asked her in action where my lady is.
She too responded in the same manner.