Episode 0: Outbreak

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hey Moni..."

"Mike? You sound out of breath,...are you okay?"

He said nothing after that for the next few seconds, all I could hear on the other end was rustling.

"Micheal...you're scaring me.."

He finally sighed and continued,

"Sayori...she-"

With every pause of his words my heart felt a squeeze until the news was finally out.

"She tried to kill herself..."

"She...- what?! Is she-!"

"She's alive...I got to her before she could actually kick the chair.."

With that reference of action I hated every part of my mind for knowing exactly what she tried to do..

My room looked like it was tilting but it was my mind that was truly in a mix, I couldn't believe what I was hearing...but being the calm collected I'm supposed to be I take a few breaths and soon realize he was whispering when he said that.

"Where are you...right now?"

"I'm at her house, she's asleep in her room and I decided to stay with her for the night because she asked and also...just to be safe."

"But...shouldn't you have gone to the hospital..?"

"She stopped me, she didn't want to be taken away, with the unstable condition she was in I couldn't have said no and...that's another reason why I called.."

"..."

"I knew I HAD to tell you but...please Monika, don't cancel our performance because of this.."

"What..?! Micheal I couldn't care any less about the festival..!"

"But she does."

"I...-"

"It took a lot of time but I talked to her for the entire day after Natsuki left my house. In the end she just...wanted everything to go back to normal. It will be difficult but she wanted to come to the festival tomorrow and pretend like nothing ever happened. I only called you alone about this because I know you can at least help with handling such circumstances but it's fine if it's too much for you..."

My hand is on my forehead and I'm pacing around my room with the phone on speaker at my desk. Eventually I slump down onto my chair and sigh,

"No I...I understand...it's just.."

I cross my legs onto my chair and slide both my hands down from my head to my chin.

"I just feel like...I failed her.."

"Monika.."

"Mike, I knew..."

"..."

"I knew about her condition and what she's going through but all I ever did was reassure her and never actually do anything, she trusted me enough to tell me about it but...I-"